cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Command error popup

Journeyman

Voice Command error popup

Is anybody else getting a pop up box that says Voice Command - An unexpected server error has occurred? What is this? How do you stop it?

Tags (3)
22 REPLIES 22
Journeyman

Re: Voice Command error popup

I am getting it as well.  Would love to know as well.

Journeyman

Same pop-up appears on my screen seemingly every 20 minutes or so. Started on 6/17. I already updated my PRL, profile, and restarted, but nothing works. Please help!

Journeyman

My husband & I are having the same issues on our phones. I, also, tried doing all the updates but nothing helped either. Its becoming annoying. Sprint needs to get on the ball & correct. We have the Samsung Galaxy SII.

Journeyman

I also began getting it yesterday afternoon. I disabled Voice Command, cleared the data and restarted it but i'm still getting the pop up. I searched the issue on the internet and others are reporting it as well. They are saying that it's a Google issue and that Google is looking for a fix but i'm not sure how accurate that info is.

Journeyman

Possible fix I found while searching about the same issue on my phone:

I was getting this error constantly today, so I went to Settings → Applications → All → Voice Command. From there I clicked Force Stop → OK then Clear Data → OK. Then I relaunched the voice command by tapping the microphone button on my Google search widget.

I gave it a shot - hopefully it works, because the issue is kind of annoying!

Journeyman

That's what I tried and i'm still having the same issue.

Journeyman

Thanks! I followed your steps and we'll see what happens. So far so good!

Journeyman

IM also having the same problem. I did what Kayakgirl stated but once i went to restart it it popped up again. So i don't know.

Journeyman

I've gone to the Language and Input settings and changed the Voice Recognition and Text-to-Speech to Samsung from Google.

Journeyman

I tried changing to Google as well but still got the pop up. I went in and disabled Voice Command as I don't use it anyway and have not got the pop up since. Crossing my fingers that it lasts.

Journeyman

My husband and I both started getting this message on the 17th. Would like to know how to stop it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat