cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage too high, charging paused

Journeyman

Voltage too high, charging paused

This is day 1.5 with my replacement Galaxy SII touch and I just received a messages that states that  "voltage too high, charging paused. I just got the phone yesterday? Why am I getting this message?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Voltage too high, charging paused

russharris4,

Are you using the charge and cable that came with the device?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am now, I will see what happens. You may want to pass this info to the sprint full service stores. They never mentioned that.

Thanks "G"

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am now, I will see what happens. You may want to pass this info to the sprint full service stores. They never mentioned that.

Thanks

Journeyman

Thanks

Wizard

russharris4

Sorry about that. Though the ports are identical, some chargers are not safe for all devices due to the voltage amount. It can damage and "fry" the device.

After some hours of using the charger that came with your phone, please update us if you're still receiving the "high voltage" message. Thanks.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  Use the charger that came in the box.  Went to Sprint store (something I swore I'd never do again because they are rude and don't have answers to most questions). The guy said, "We are not a repair store. You have to go to another one. Did you recently update the phone?"  I asked if he ever saw this before.  He said he did but, hadn't a clue. This is not the first time something crazy happened after an update.  This time, however, the phone beeps and goes to the message "Charging paused. Voltage too high." What exactly is happeneing?  Also, when updating, I keep getting a message from 911 Emergency!  I had to call 911 months ago because a neighbor's home was filled with smoke.  Phone was locked for a few hours after that call. Now, however, one of the upgrades locks into that.  I wouldn't DARE ask the guy in the store about that!!

Went to a third party, Sprint service store.  Guy was very helpful...in saying he's seen a lot of Galaxy ll phones with same problem.  Here's the bad news...nothing can fix this.  It's a moisture problem in the usb port. That doesn't mean it was dropped in water or got wet through carelessness.  Day to day use, in and out of pocket can and does result in moisture.  Samsung, he said, does nothing about it.  So, what now, Sprint???

Bugga13,

Do you have TEP?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

No, I don't.  Got in touch with Samsung.  All their phones are under warranty for one year!  She said I can send it in and they will switch out the USB port if necessary.  The phone will be wiped but, come back working good as new.  I couldn't believe how HELPFUL they were!!  THEY will cover shipping both ways and repair.  However, I don't have another phone to switch to for the week it will be gone!  I need to (God help me) go to the store again and see if I can get a loner...unless you have a better idea, George??

Bugga13

We don't really do loaners anymore. You may luck up and find a store that still does it. http://bit.ly/a9UqQr

Hmm, have you taken a look at preowned device selection? You can keep them as a backup or spare device in the event that anything happens http://bit.ly/ORAJAI

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I believe i do pay an Insurance premium every month, but what exactly it covers I am not too sure.

My phone is currently doing the same thing as stated by other customers. I have only used the chargers that sprint has provided ie: car charger and the charger that came in the box.

What steps should i take to getting my phone up and running, George?

thanks

Cody

Journeyman

At first I said I don't.  Looked at apps on my phone and I believe I DID download it (TEP). But, it says it's free!?  Went back to the Sprint store where the guy was initially very helpful.  Since I have to send the phone back to Samsung, now he doesn't have anything (he was going to sell me a refurb for $50 and take my phone...but now, he says he has nothing I can borrow or "rent."  I tried online and no refurb is available without going into extending my contract (upgrade).  I have two days left to use the prepaid label from Samsung...however, I can't send it in without a temporary replacement.  All my old phones died (that's why I always upgraded)!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat