cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wallpapers (both live and non-live wallpapers) No Longer Panning to Left or Right

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wallpapers (both live and non-live wallpapers) No Longer Panning to Left or Right

Hi.  I am a huge fan of wallpaper, both semi-static and live.  I noticed about a month ago that my fancy wallpapers, especially live wallpapers, no longer respond when I scroll to the left or the right as they are supposed to.  Before you try to tell me they never panned to the right or the left, stop right there.  The wallpaper, especially the live wallpapers is one of the main reasons I chose the Galaxy S II over the Apple 4s when I chose a phone last November.  Now all of a sudden this feature no longer works.  And it is not just my phone, my daughter got the exact same phone and hers is doing the same thing.  The wallpaper may look 'live' as there is live action on-screen, but when you scroll left or right, the background is static, it does not move.  This needs to be fixed.  What happened?  Did the last OS update hose an important bit of code that gave us this feature?  It really does need to be fixed ASAP and I'd like to know when it will be fixed and why we've gone so long with no fix for this yet.

Thank you for your help.  I'm getting ready to go to the store to have this resolved.  I miss my wallpaper.

Jacksonista.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Wallpapers (both live and non-live wallpapers) No Longer Panning to Left or Right

I believe that because of Apple's patent infringement suit against Samsung, Live wallpapers were disabled in the latest update. (EL29)  http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-25/apple-files-design-suit-against-samsung-smartphones-in-g...

Journeyman

Re: Wallpapers (both live and non-live wallpapers) No Longer Panning to Left or Right

You're right.  That is unfortunate, because I bought many wallpapers that required panning to use and appreciate fully.  I feel as though with time marching on into my contract, I lose more and more instead of gaining anything.  The new ICS roll-out for my GS2, has now taken my battery life from 16 hours to 4, and Sprint's response is "your hardware is fine, contact Google".

Journeyman

I still don't get how live or scrolling wallpaper infridges on Apple when the iPhone doesn't do live or scrolling wallpaper.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat