cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can Sprint Wireless Advantage Club Members purchase the Samsung Galaxy S2

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: When can Sprint Wireless Advantage Club Members purchase the Samsung Galaxy S2

Official Sprint Answer:

Sprint is committed to delivering the highest quality network  experience.  Our Network Vision plan will improve your network  experience, but it does not include any EVDO Rev B launch. Sprint has  evaluated EVDO Rev B and chosen to go directly to 4G connections.  Since  we are not launching EVDO Rev B, none of our handsets supports EVDO Rev  B. 

Thank you for your interest in our Network and Chipset Technologies!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Re: When can Sprint Wireless Advantage Club Members purchase the Samsung Galaxy S2

Ok so what does this means to a "NON" geek like me?  And how will this affect the use of the phones when using the system?

Wizard

It means absolutely nothing.  The 3G data network will work the same way and at the same speeds as it does now for Sprint data devices.  The WIMAX 4G data network will work the same as it has recently.

In the next couple years Sprint will be updating their 4G data network to a different protocol, LTE (4G), while continuing to support WIMAX 4G.

The earlier poster was complaining about a possible upgrade (and increased data speeds) to the 3G network which he would like, but Sprint is not making.

Don't get lost in the static.  If you're really worried, wait a few months before purchasing a brand new device.

Journeyman

what stops someone from purchasing the gs2 elsewhere and then using their upgrade to get some other newer phone and just selling it new to make up the difference???

Journeyman

So is the only way that I can order my phone through my employee?
I haven't been able to get a hold of my employee for days and days and if that's the only way for me to order the phone then I can just plan on waiting for like months lol

Wizard

anfarr010 - Yes, the only way you can order your upgrade would be through that employee as the account is under their personal information and they will need to submit a form to provide you with a private link to 'shop' for the upgrade.

Shambles7th - You cannot sell purchased SWAC phones for profit, our fraud department checks to make sure these devices are being used on the account they are supposed to be on and not being sold on sites like eBay and Craigslist.  Also, if you were to buy the gs2 someone else without a contract you will be looking at $500-600 out the door.

Edit: here's the official lingo:

Employees are permitted to resell or gift their old Advantage Club device however they are not to be resold for profit. Reselling a device for profit under the Advantage Club program goes against Sprint’s Code of Conduct policy. Sprint encourages employees to utilize the Sprint buyback program to receive credit to their account while supporting Sprint’s green initiative. If at any time business unit M&Ps prohibits an employee from reselling a device under the Advantage Club Program whether it is in a store, from a customer or by any other means, the business unite M&Ps will govern and the employee must comply.

GrandMaster

upgrading the current 4G or expanding it?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I don't know how much longer we have to wait but I can't believe I live for two week with out a smart phone. God please let it be least than a month for it to be available for SWAC people.

Journeyman vlu
Journeyman

LOS issue on the E4GT worries me. I'm holding off until it is fixed. I'm looking to buy a cheap EVO if anyone wants to sell it.

Journeyman

Anyone know how long it took for EVO 3D and Epic to be available for SWAC members after release? Just to get an idea...?

I  know Epic Touch was released on Sep 16th and is still not available for  SWAC members..  iphone too is gonna take a while I guess..

Journeyman vlu
Journeyman

My sponsor sent me a link to order phone and I have been checking daily. This is some top secret that not even current employees know when SWAC members can get E4GT.

Journeyman vlu
Journeyman

killing me softly with the waiting.........

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.