Did you mean: 

When does Jelly Bean come out for Samsung Galaxy SII

Journeyman

When does Jelly Bean come out for Samsung Galaxy SII

Plz and thanks

Tags (2)
28 REPLIES

Re: When does Jelly Bean come out for Samsung Galaxy SII

Currently jellybean is not scheduled to be released for the Samsung Galaxy S2, you can find all the latest software for this device by visiting--> http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung_epic_...

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Media Care Team

Journeyman

Why not? There is no reason the S2 cannot run Jelly bean.

We work with the manufacturer to test the update on select demo devices before we release the update to the public, among other factors. Stay tuned!

Thank you,

*Julian
Sprint Social Care

zivojan wrote:

Why not? There is no reason the S2 cannot run Jelly bean.

Master

There may be no reason it can't run. But from a manufacturers stand point. If they feel that the system will run too slow and affect the users experience on the phone, they will opt not to upgrade it to that version.

When that happens unfortunately, the only thing you can do is stay with what you have, root your phone and install a custom rom or upgrade your phone.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

The answers dont make any sense. The FifthLetter said Jelly beans was not going to be released for the S2 and then ayo_tech says they are testing it on demo models to see if it works. So is jellybean coming to S2?

@smotrs The samsung galaxy s2 is powerfull enought to run Jellybean so there is n o reason why not. Except the fact that samsung an dsprint rather have you buy  the latest phone so they dont have to worry about updates for older models.

We have no announcements at this time referring to the Samsung Galaxy SII Jelly bean update. I was referring to just one factor that plays into if or when we release OS updates.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

zivojan wrote:

The answers dont make any sense. The FifthLetter said Jelly beans was not going to be released for the S2 and then ayo_tech says they are testing it on demo models to see if it works. So is jellybean coming to S2?

@smotrs The samsung galaxy s2 is powerfull enought to run Jellybean so there is n o reason why not. Except the fact that samsung an dsprint rather have you buy  the latest phone so they dont have to worry about updates for older models.

Master

The confusion in the posts is fifth letter is saying we do not have a scheduled release for the software and do not have a time frame   This is correct

ayo-tech  States we work with the manufacture on software updates to test them on our devices for best results   this is also correct

Current information from the samsung site does not show the S2 as getting Jelly Bean   Post at android central say they have a jelly bean for the international version of the s2.    We get our software from Samsung.  We do not have any information on a release of  jelly bean for the s2 at this time

Highlighted
Journeyman

The S2 is only been out for 1 year and 3 months i think. To not give it Jelly bean is pretty sad. The phone can run it, its processor is powerfull enough. I think Sprint and other phone companys should say how long they give updates to a phone when they release it. I mean its an expensive phone and with jellybean the phone can last longer then the two years on your contract..

Journeyman

How long have you had your S2 now?

I don't see it getting JB ever. The ICS update was enough for that phone and already makes it run relatively clunky as is. It's not often an Android phone will go through two major software upgrades to go all the way from GB to JB. And that's just a fact basically. It would very likely not run well on the phone at all.