cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Jelly Bean come out for Samsung Galaxy SII

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: When does Jelly Bean come out for Samsung Galaxy SII

Can you back this up? Why would Jellybean not run well on a S2? Some people have it on their phone already and say it runs fine. Cyanogenmod 10 runs on the S2 and is based on Jellybean so it can run it. Why can Samsung not make Jellybean for S2 but the people behind Cyanogen mod can?

Thats the big disadvangte about android. To many diffrent phoens and you never have the latest version unless your phone is only a couple of months old. That what is better with Apple's iphones and the new WIndows phone. You always get the latest version no matter what. I start to dislike Android a lot these days..

Jan

Highlighted
Wizard

Jan,

I think JB would run fine on the S2.

Your comparison on updates vs iPhone/Windows might be a little off though. 'get latest version no matter what'.

I wouldn't say platform updates with Android are the same as iOS (example taking away google maps and inserting apple maps).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just updated my phone to Jellybean and it works fine. No lag and most important i have google now. It is so much fun with the cards and i feel like having a new phone. No need to early upgrade i am sticking for now with my S2. Just love the open source ciommunity. And it was so easy to do. 30 minutes max and you feel like haveing a brand new phone,

Jan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot_2012-12-22-15-51-35.pngScreenshot_2012-12-22-15-51-35.pngJust to let everyone know there have been a number of leaked jellybean roms for epic 4g touch. These are official test roms that will eventually lead to an over the air update. I am currently using FK23 rom which is an official android 4.1.2 software and it runs amazing on our phones. There are absolutely no bugs. I would expect an over the air update sometime in January. There could be a slight delay now because Samsung needs to add a security patch for our devices.

Highlighted
Wizard

Anyone have a write up with links for very low tech customers that could point them where to easy root, flash the ROM, still to get OTA updates etc. ?   I haven't rooted for years and don't mess around with that lately.

I think a lot of non-tech folks would take advantage of this if they didn't have to hunt for the process and some things were spelled out so they could understand.

Highlighted
Master

Rooted Phones generally do not update over the air propelry. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

My personal opinion for low tech customers is to wait a couple of weeks for the over the air update. But the best source on the web for roms for epic 4g Touch is QBKing77.com he has videos that show you exactly how to do it.

Highlighted
Wizard

ok. thanks. will check it out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone does not need to be rooted to flash a leaked rom. But no one should flash a rom without first downloading the files necessary to restore your phone to the latest official release. Leaked Roms my have some bugs. FK23 rom does not appear to have any bugs but it is still being tested that's why it hasn't been released as an over the air update. When Sprint does release the Jellybean Update for the Epic 4g Touch/ Galaxy S2 I think everyone will really be please how great this OS is going to be.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have Jellybean on my phone and is like having a new phone.......I flash mines over a month and haven't have any issues!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

They are available... but I have an agreement with folks here that I won't post links.

XDA is probably one of the most thorough sites but deep in details.

Android Central is another site I'd recommend.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess I am still confused as to why this is such a secret. On Twitter today both Samsung and Sprint claim that they have no information. Really? We pay a lot of money and a lot of people like to plan out well in advance what their next phone is going to be. If my E4GT is going to get JB then maybe I'll hold off on getting a new phone for a few months so I can try it out. I may have just answered my own question. Why are rollout dates so hard to nail down and communicate? Being comminucations companies cell providers sure are awful at comminucation.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat