cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Jelly Bean come out for Samsung Galaxy SII

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: When does Jelly Bean come out for Samsung Galaxy SII

GS2 has been data roaming, poor GPS and bad 4g on gingerbread since inception.  ICS made things worse by bloating battery, freezing and crashing OS, poor userability compared to GB and still no fixes... Do you think Jelly Bean will be any different?  Make sure you wait a while to see if everything is OK before pushing the update if it EVER comes out...  That's if you can afford to keep buying new batteries ;/

Journeyman

True. I had the bloated battery thing a couple of months ago and it litterally took almost three months to get it sorted out. I bought my phone through Best Buy Mobile (my first mistake) who of course doesn't carry batteries in their store so they had to ship me one. They shipped me the wrong battery twice. Finally after seeing a complaint of mine on Twitter, Samsung got chimed in and sent me a free battery. After I received the Samsung battery the BBM battery showed up and of course was a generic battery.

So what is the next big phone in the Android world? I'm assuming that will have JB. My contract is up in July...

Journeyman

The only way to avoid the delayed releases is to switch to Google's Nexus line. Unfortunately, Sprint isn't carrying the Nexus 4.

I don't have visible damage to my battery, but its life has sucked since switching to ICS. I hope JB actually happens.

I found this from last week: http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-ukraine-update-galaxy-s2-note-ace-2-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean...

A similar story about Jelly Bean coming in February was posted last week.

Journeyman

Well danged if i can figure out how to do it.. research and hours of trying to figure it out and im lost. just dont want to ruin my phone. but Sprit is not supporting the Galaxy 2 anymore. All thats happening now is efforts to keep you FROM rooting it..

Wizard

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat