ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Sprint release Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2?

Journeyman

Re: When will Sprint release Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2?

Jeff cancelling your contract may not change your monthly bill but it would send a message to Sprint. If you see rats jumping ship you look for a cause. I find humor in the thought that the hold up could be for some crap piece of software like the Football or Nascar app. Those apps pay them money so if they are not ICS compatible could be the hold up. Maybe I am the only one but I seriously could do without those 2.

Journeyman

I join Sprint family in 2000 and for years I sang there praises to everyone that would listen, the last few years I have seen such a change, and not for the better. I have seen a total disregard for there customers,

cutting services and raising prices and charges on every thing they legally can. And there preformance on ICS is just more of the same. And witched them make some of the most reckless bone headed business decisions I have ever seen a company make. I have watched Sprint stock nose plummet too barley $3.00 a share. My broker told told me the two biggest factors voiced by investors, customer retention rate and the $15.5 billion deal for the iphone, a deal they could never hope too come out on.

Personally I can think of more. Sprint said they are just falling in line with the other carriers, when I started with Sprint there clam to fame was that they were different. I want my Sprint back, but they have to survive first.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has done some drastic changes that's for sure,  but those changes are not helping us.  Sprint had that iphone deal which was the worst thing ever barely anyone buys that phone.  First mistake, trying to monopolize the updates to make  people buy the new one out.  Customer service is number two to last cause verizon has the worst.  All I know sprint needs to value their costumers, not just try to pouch us to buy something we don't really need.

Journeyman

Wow its unbelievable all the whining for basically nothing. Did sprint's customer rep u bought the phone from promise u ics when u bought the phone? No they didn't! If u wanted ics u could have gotten a Nexus S, right? Well u decided to get  EPIC TOUCH and u don't like it because ics isn't on it yet? Bye the way i believe Google rolls out the updates at least they did for nexus s back in April. Oh and 1.more.point the 4.0 ics isn't that big of a deal basically it changes the look of ur phone sure it's better then honeycomb but not a life changer....

GET A NEXUS S 4G

Journeyman

@ DAWNNDEAN:

Actually, the Sprint rep who sold me the phone DID tell me that ICS was coming very soon to this phone.  Since I didn't believe the Sprint store rep, I called Sprint Customer Service AND Account Services.  I was told by ALL of these people that Ice Cream Sandwich would be released soon for my phone. 

Seven months later, I am STILL waiting.  Other carriers have issued ICS to their Galaxy S2 devices. 

I was patient and rolling my eyes a few months ago with the impatient customers who wanted it before it was "stable."  Now, I am rolling my eyes with Sprint's excuses.  Since nearly every other carrier has released ICS to their GS2 devices, this tells me that Sprint doesn't have the personnel needed to accomplish something like this.

And, of course, your claim that ICS "isn't that big of a deal" is ridiculous.  It is an entirely new operating system.  It may look like Gingerbread -- but Windows 7 looked a lot like Windows Vista too. 

If Sprint can't get their act together, I will gladly take the hint and take my money (*about $230 per month) elsewhere.  If they can't value my service, I am certain that someone else will.

Journeyman

Jesus I think DawnDean said it was no big deal it would only make your phone (Look Different). That is an interesting statement since the phone runs touchwiz on top of ICS and (Gingerbread) so the phone would look much the same not different. and then as far as his statement that it is better than honeycomb (maybe you do or he does but to my knowledge there are no phones running honeycomb) and I agree with you we pay to much to any provider to be ignored.

Journeyman

@Dawnndean, you's a hoe!

@Captaintrex, I can't agree more! I've been with Sprint since '02 and I, like you, sang their praises for years, I used to think their customer service was great, but it has drastically fallen off in the past few years to its current all-time low. I'm starting to assume that in analyzing their customer satisfaction, they came to the conclusion that they can't satisfy both new and veteran customers without spending more on resources, and due to their poor decision making and their current financial situation, they decided to put their resources more towards retaining new customers and crossed their fingers hoping their veteran customers wouldn't notice and stay with Sprint. One key indicator of that is the discontinuance of their Sprint premier program.

Sprint's customer service is horrible now, with many personal and second-hand experiences to support that statement. As I can see things going, I give it 5 years tops before sprint starts to shop for a buyer, and knowing the financial situations of the other large phone companies, the relative stagnation of the US phone market, coupled with the foreign phone market explosion, that new buyer may not be American.

Journeyman

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755  NO RELEASE DATE YET,BUT PROOF THAT ICS IS COMING TO SPRINT GALAXY S2!! JUST GOT THIS INFO YESTERDAY!!

Journeyman

So long and good luck. My Galaxy Nexus will be here Thursday and I'll be changing to T-Mobile, getting Jelly Bean in two weeks. I never got 4G where I live so the only thing I had to look forward to was updates. Sprint is screwing all of us with that so I'll be taking my money elsewhere. No more having my music cut in and out when I'm in my car because of lame coverage, and more importantly, no more waiting on carriers for updates. Nexus all the way.

Journeyman

That sounds good it really looks like nexus would be a great option.  One thing that's having me thinking is where is the sprint reps, they have not made any comments on this post.  They always comment on other ones apologizing for their company but not one has commented on this. so that means we are right I guess.  Where are you sprint?

Master

Big reason is we cannot tell you  when we will release ICS for the S2 is that Samsung has not released it as yet for the CDMA devices.  We are waiting along with you.

Journeyman

I know they're reading this post, they just took down my comment an hour ago. Once the last of my 4 lines on my family account is out of contract in a few months, I'm jumping over to Verizon, the unlimited data sales gimmick is a joke for most people, as most people, if not at least all of my 4 lines combined, use less than 3GB per month, thus the sales gimmick is not worth the headache of Sprint bad coverage and bad service and no updates! Verizons new plans really make a lot of sense for families by the way. After 10 years with Sprint, I'll be done with them in 3 months, I can't wait to be free!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat