ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Sprint release Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2?

Journeyman

Re: When will Sprint release Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2?

Really?  All this whining because Sprint hasn't released ICS which will make your Android device...still an Android device?  I have the Epic Touch and yes I am anxious for ICS, I'm not gonna switch carriers because they haven't released it yet.  It's nothing huge...just another android update.  Another person I know received the ICS update for his Nexus S and it f'd his phone all up!  Sure Sprint could be a little faster about it, but I'd rather have an update that doesn't f my phone up.  I also read where people are complaining about 3g/4g speeds being slow...it's a phone how fast do you expect it to be?  Most places have free anyway.  I gotta figure out how to quit receiving emails about this post.  People complaining are driving me crazy.

Journeyman

According to Samsung the an upgrade to Ice cream Sandwich CDMA devices has been delivered to Sprint:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046614&fm_seq=49578

So which is it? When will Sprint deliver?

Journeyman

Jaleesa the way to not get emails to this group is to not comment. The emails are sent to people who comment,if they are driving you crazy and you want them to stop again don't comment and it will stop go figure. The complaining about the 3g and 4g speeds are because they seem to have deteriorated and when it takes forever to update an app or check mail or browse you are burning up your battery while your phone is struggling for signal. And with the 4g Sprint said they were rolling it out to all areas then made the switch to LTE and now the people in areas they did not reach are out of luck and stuck with a wimax phone that won't work on the new network. If you are so content with a slow connection and phone perhaps you should stick with a flip or candybar phone. Smart phones are the interest of people that like the performance and want to have the latest and greatest which is why the pay the premium fees and expect premium service. IMHO!

Journeyman

fcoj that article listed the nexus s 4g which has the ICS update the one everyone wants is for the galaxy s2 epic 4g touch.

Journeyman

Mandelbrot as with you my Galaxy Nexus will be here Thursday and I am going with ATT because T-Mobile doesn't have good coverage here but ATT has LTE coverage here. As with you Sprint never made it here with the 4g wimax roll out so now they moved to LTE it won't be coming here and I would have to get another phone anyway. Perhaps they should offer all those people in those areas that never got the service free phone upgrades or something so they can have an LTE phone when they do finally roll it out. My 3g here locally has gotten terrible feel like I am on a dial up modem but oh well it used to be much better not sure what is going on but they don't seem to care.

Journeyman

14 knight it was my understanding that samsung released the code to the carriers and from there it was up to them to refine it for their networks and install their extras.

Journeyman

I was assured by Spring last december that the Epic 4g Touch would be getting ICS and that is why I chose to have a contract with Sprint.  This has BAIT and SWITCH tactics all over it.  If there are any lawyers out there reading this, it is time for a class action lawsuit.  Sprint is hoping we decide to fork out for the SIII by forcing us to wait indefinitely for ICS to arrive on the  SII.  LAWSUIT LAWSUIT LAWSUIT!  Also they do throttle their data speeds.  It happens after about two hours of listening to music on Spotify.

Journeyman

Samsung has explicitly announced that the upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich for Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch  SPH-d710 CDMA device has been handed to Sprint.   Lookee here brethren:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755

So what gives? Why don't I have ICS? Sprint? You there? Sprint?

Journeyman

There is absolutely no explicit announcement in the source you just cited. All that states is that Samsung has confirmed that the phone will eventually get it. Nowhere, and I stress this, nowhere can you find a credible source that says sprint is simply holding on to the upgrade to mess with us. Believe me, I looked.

Journeyman

idk when this update is coming but i talk to samsung, they said its up to the provider to give the update release. so i talk to sprint and they dont know. the freaking google it like really. like i havent done that all ready. this is getting so f ing  rediculous. im about to say f sprint and go some were else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It doesn't have to say, but it  shows that sprint has the codes since a long time ago.  Back in april it was said that sprint was going to be the fussy carrier to release the update do to the fact that they were the first testing.  It surprises me that att and tmo got it out first, their testing took a month less.  Obviously there is the issues poping up, there's being some issues with the battery.  It will be really disappointing if sprint releases theupdate and the same problems show up, that would show everyone that they was just holding it for business purposes. Let's see how long it takes them to get it out.

Journeyman

Been on Sprint over 15 years.  Hate seeing what's going on because it appears there are serious, possibly company crushing problems at Sprint.  About 25 years ago Sprint (Long Distance) had the most famous sponsors.  HOW IN THE WORLD is Sprint NOT #1 mobile carrier after all this time?  Maybe its lousy deals like Nextel purchase (rumor was that Sprint was getting a LOT of bad accounts with that) or the IPhone deal.  Sigh.  ICS situation for SII is apalling!  Months ago Samsung Galaxy SII was voted the best smart phone on the planet and yet Sprint blows off the update!#@#!  Are you kidding?  In addition, what has happened to their WiMax/4G and 3G speeds is not good...On the bill there are "other" charges with a footnote that says these are other costs for Sprint that they elect to charge customers.  At some point the shat will fly because all of these circumstances were not agreed to by default or otherwise.  Hate to change carrier but am thinking about it when an affordable escape becomes available.  If you price something too far out of the market, customers will react.  Some posts in here chastise the posters for demanding their ICS update.  Here's a newsflash for those posters:  look at your bill, ESPECIALLY if you have multiple phones on your account.  Then, shut up the moronic idea that a customer should not complain!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat