cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Sprint release Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2?

Journeyman

Re: When will Sprint release Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2?

I received the OTA update yesterday and I am very pleased with it. I did a factory reset to avoid any potential issues but it might not have been necessary. No problems thus far.

Journeyman

i got the update weeks ago and my wife's has not updated

is there anyway I can push it to her device?

Journeyman

Got the option to install ICS last night on my Epic 4G Touch.  After uninterrupted installation was complete, I noticed the phone restarting like 5 or 6 times.  I tried to use it, but it kept crashing.  I took it to a Sprint store later today, and they could not fix it.  It was totally screwed up and could not be reverted to factory defaults.  They told me that I had to wait for maybe two weeks for a new Galaxy S2 since they are backordered.  Needless to say...I am not a happy customer.  I rely on my phone heavily for work.  I don't have a backup phone except for my wife's stupid iphone.  I better not get charged for the time without my phone.  I'd like to take this opportunity to do a shout-out for more reliable Sprint towers within the Southern Maryland Community.

Journeyman

Finally got the update notification this morning. Plugged my phone in and let it go, took about 10 minutes to complete and there were no problems, once it finished I powered it off for a few minutes and restarted. Some items were shuffled around, some apps needed to be updated and my folders were deleted....not the content, just the folders, so not a huge deal. Poked through all my functions, camera, mail, etc... and the only thing I came accross was the contact photos being enlarged. I know I read about a work around to fix that issue on thses forums, so once that's taken care of I'm all set.

Overall, yes, very annoyed at the wait and the aggrivation that it caused so many, it shouldn't be such a process. As for the phone, it does seem to be running much quicker and cleaner than it did before, web also seems to loan much quicker than Gingerbread.

Happy with it now, but still feel Sprint dropped the ball.

Journeyman

Don't do it! I have to get a new phone - my PC only recognizes it as a camera now - I cannot upload media. I'm sure it has many other glitches I'm not aware of.

Journeyman

Today my GS2 started bugging me every hour reminding me there's an update, and I can't find the way to make it stop asking me.

When the update was released in early July I downloaded and manually updated my phone. The new OS was buggy, slow, battery eating and with myriad of issues.

I simply hated it, so after only one week I couldn't cope with its issues and downgraded it back to Gingerbread.

Now, one month later, the "official" OTA update is harassing me and all I want is to stop it.

Any suggestions?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat