cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Sprint release Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2?

Journeyman

Re: When will Sprint release Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S2?

So when is it?

Journeyman

tech support at sprint just told me it would be released July the 12th.

Journeyman

Sure it will..... 

Journeyman

lol....

same thing i said!

Journeyman

sprint is gonna wait for ics till people can go in the stores for a couple weeks and get the new s3.they wanna tick people off and get them to upgrade.this has happened to me before with sprint and its the last time.im fed up with sprint and when my contract is up im going elsewhere. its just gonna happen on the next device again so i urge everyone to abandon sprint and see how they like that!!!

Journeyman

In roughly 3 weeks 4.1 will be out.  The way Sprint has been going, the S2 will be two versions behind in software.  If this is how Sprint supports high end flagship phones, I'll be changing carriers soon.  With spotty 4G coverage and no updates, unlimited data isn't enough to keep me as a customer.  If I had known it was going to be like this, I would have stayed on T-Mobile, happily enjoying great 4G speeds on an S2 with ICS on it.

Journeyman

Ugh, this sucks. People keep making up dates as to when it's coming out and it's all lies. And the worst thing is that I just started a two year contract with Sprint. Dammit! 😞

Journeyman

I hated and still hate everything about AT&T customer service.  But I think I am heading back after the way Sprint handles updates and its weak 4G.  AT&T is more money per month but at least I don't wait 4-6 months for an update that is out on other phones and carriers already.  Plus the handset options are almost always better.  I probably won't even wait until my contract is up.  I love my S2 but this is bs.

Journeyman

How much would it cost to end the contract soon?

Journeyman

It depends on how long you have left on your contract. From 150-500 i think.

Journeyman

Usually it doesn't go over 300 but yes it depends on how much less you have in your contract and Sprint really sticks it to you on that...

Journeyman

The GS3, HTC Evo Lte, and Galaxy Nexus Lte might receive Jelly Bean update before other devices receive ICS update.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat