cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are we still waiting for ICS?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why are we still waiting for ICS?

This is getting a bit ridiculous. I'm half tempted to root and run ICS that way since Sprint/Samsung are dragging their feet to get us the OTA; probably so they can fill it with Bloatware and resource hogging crap.

India has it, UK has it, seems like the US is the only country still waiting. Why Sprint? Why Samsung? HEERRRRRROOOOOO? It's been leaked, it works, get it rolled out!

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Journeyman

I think one of the main issues is people are waiting on the update because supposedly it will fix the GPS issues that these phones have. I mean it sucks that it takes a minute to 2 to lock on and sometime even longer not the mention the google maps issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

been running ICS4.0.4 on my Evo 3D & Galaxy 2 for several weeks now

rooting FTW when Sprint is slow

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not true -- I went with the GSII rather than waiting for the next Nexus (or any other Android, for that matter) specifically because ICS was promised "soon". I've heard every month since January as an expected arrival, but we've heard nothing more than "it's coming".

Honestly, I've had nothing but trouble (only one bright spot, and that was from a sympathetic head of the tech dept at my local store) since I joined Sprint. Granted, a large part of that is due to the policy changes that happened the day before I signed up (after I'd researched and been discussing details with customer service about the old policy) and the fact that Samsung seems to make shoddy phones (I never had anywhere near the issues with my iPhone or Blackberry).

Maybe Sprint is the lesser of the three evils (I guess four), but I'm not convinced enough to stay, and the ICS update isn't the reason, but it might be the straw...all that camel's back nonsense.

Yep, planning on rooting. Goodbye *hub.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Towera wrote:

I think one of the main issues is people are waiting on the update because supposedly it will fix the GPS issues that these phones have. I mean it sucks that it takes a minute to 2 to lock on and sometime even longer not the mention the google maps issues

Ah, is that a TouchWiz / Gingerbread thing? So irritating.

Highlighted
Wizard

No that's a Samsung Galaxy S2 thing on Sprint.  Every other Sprint phone we've tested works fine and one of the 3 we bought worked fine, even indoors. The 3 EVO varieties we've tried have GPS that works indoors and out.  Near instant lock.  Many of the Sprint SGS2s are just bad. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

tech support at sprint just told me it will release the update on july the 12th

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat