cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Hardware is Fine says Sprint, if you don't like ICS, contact Google

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your Hardware is Fine says Sprint, if you don't like ICS, contact Google

This is what I was told today at my local Sprint store.  I have gone from having a full 16 hours of battery or longer with a smoothly operating phone, to having 4 hours if I am lucky with poor wi-fi signal among other things.  All because of the new and improved ICS OS.  I've done everything possible in trying to get things to work right and nothing has worked.  I'm really miserable as I used my phone for EVERYTHING and relied upon it heavily.  I'm seriously considering buying out of the remainder of my Sprint contract and selling my new paperweight on Craig's List to salvage any money I can.

My disappointment is acute.  How could Sprint allow such a horrible update be foisted on an unsuspecting clientele?  Please, give me back Gingerbread.  Please.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Your Hardware is Fine says Sprint, if you don't like ICS, contact Google

LOL, if ICS was the problem, I wonder how the people with the Galaxy Nexus phones must feel.

Journeyman

ICS is the problem for the Epic Touch...I learned my lesson when our comes to software updates when it comes to Sprint and Samsung..I had the first Epic and due to the 3 software updates that was sent out it basically bricked my phone and made it as hot as a stove top just from charging...Samsung replaced it with the Touch..This is why its good to look for information on the discussion forums and wait to see peoples review..Samsung and Sprint will never take responsibility, they always play the blame game on rather...The Nexus was made with ics installed already, there was no update that needed to be done...just like the G3 when a phone comes with a software built already and no upgrade needed to be done there are less chances of problems and bugs..Funny though of its Samsung why don't all the other carriers customers having such issues?

Journeyman

I don't think it is an issue for phones distributed with ICS already installed, only the phones that received updates to a new OS.  Wait for Jelly Bean, then the ICS people will be howling.  And yes, I have learned my lesson.  Read what others are saying first.

My gosh, I cannot emphasize enough how well my phone worked prior to this.  It's as though they replaced my GS2 with something else.  It's hard to believe it is the same phone even.   When I took it in yesterday, the CS rep said he gets on average 5-7 GS2 owners a day with the same issue.  The only hope is Sprint/Google do something to fix the problem.  Otherwise, I wish there would be class action against the carrier.  This is unacceptable and at the very least, they should offer to reset back to gingerbread.

The equivalent would be if I took my car to a garage to have the tires replaced, and they gave it back missing one tire altogether; the car could conceivably roll down the road, but pretty much would be worthless to the driver.  The garage would not be allowed to get away with that, but somehow Sprint is?

They did flash the ROM or something and did a clean install of the OS.  Big deal.  No improvement.

Oh, and the Wi-Fi.  ha ha ha.  I am sitting 8 feet from my router and have two rings if I'm lucky.  With gbread I could be upstairs in the back bedroom and have one ring, now I have none.  How is this an improvement?

Journeyman

I understand w RTcompletely, if you can see if you can find a corporate store that might have the GB software still in their systems. They might be able to revert it back, it's just a pain trying to find a store that will do it. I don't understand why they keep pushing the update out knowing all the problems it's causing. I hope you can find a store that can do it for you. There's also a thread here with a link showing how it can be done. It's stock GB so it's not rooting the phone. Good Luck

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat