cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you change home screen keys?

Highlighted
Journeyman

can you change home screen keys?

Is there anyway to change the bottom row of keys on the home screen? Mine has Phone, Contacts, Messaging, Applications. I would prefer not to have Contacts there, and would rather use Handcent messaging than the default one.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Master

Menu>Personalize>Lock Screen>Settings, From there you can "Tap a Shortcut to Assign an App"

Highlighted
Wizard

From your home screen press applications>menu>edit>then select which app you want to replace. That is all. I hope this proves to be helpful.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

Neither tip from Markie or Levi4u works. When I hit Menu, there is no "Personalize" option. When I hit Applications, there is no "menu" option, only a list of apps.

I have the Galaxy II, Epic 4G Touch.

Nothing in "Settings" either that looks like "personalize."

Highlighted
Wizard

When you press applications, it will take you to all the apps you have on your phone. You then press the menu button on your phone (the icon that looks like a half sheet of paper is your menu button). From there you continue with edit>then select which app you want to replace.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Master

My bad! Sorry, I though you meant on the Lock Screen. I don't have one on hand, I just won one and am waiting on it to be delivered. But I see now what you were wanting. Can you long hold on the one you want to remove and drag it off and then long hold on the one you want there and drag/drop it onto that area.

Highlighted
Wizard

On the Epic Touch (Galaxy II), the long press does not work for the docked icons. Only if you want to add apps/icons to the upper portion of the home screen.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it! Thanks. I was looking for the word "menu" among the apps. Couldn't find how to do this in the manual, so I appreciate your help.

One other question (as you can see I"m just learning this new phone -- I had an Evo before): any way to change the color of the default Calendar? Don't like the black background.

Highlighted
Wizard

I researched the color option for the Epic Touch calendar and by default, the background is black and cannot be altered. There may be another calendar option on the Android Market that you may be able to download and use instead of the built-in calendar.

Markie_B

Highlighted
Master

Pure Grid calander, Has lots of options and skins. Available in the market

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check ADWLauncher. There are Free, Pro, and EX versions available and users have created numerous themes with customised app icons that you can check out as well. Some are free and some are anywhere from $0.99 and up.

The launcher allows you to put up to 7 applications as visible on the main dock. It also provides the ability to add more and enables a scrolling feature for the dock.

GoLauncher is a similar app, but I am unfamiliar with how it works, as I have not tried it.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat