cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant loss of signal problem with Epic Touch 4G

Highlighted
Journeyman

i've experienced this problem from day 1.  however, unlike most, i only seem to get the "ghost loss of signal."  i never know when my phone has lost signal because there is no indication.  only when i turn on GPS or try to make a call and it doesn't work that i realize it's happened again.  i've had to reset my phone on average of 2-3 times a day.  this is beyond annoying. 

even more so is the response i got from emailing Sprint:

"With the device not have Insurance there will be a $35.00 service fee for them to fix or exchange the device out. We greatly appreciate your business; please let us know if we can assist you further. Have a great day!"

This moron wanted me to pay a fee so they could fix something that's been wrong with the phone since launch.

What a joke.

13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

Hi,

I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location www.sprint.com/storelocator?ECID=SM:BW:20111130:STORELOCATOR.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

why would i waste my time at one?  the consensus seems to be that it's a software and/or network issue. 

please take a few seconds to look at all the other posts about this same problem before suggesting something completely useless.

If you had this from day one why didn't you return it immediately or within the 14 days? You can also contact Samsung as I believe there is a one year warranty - You may be without a phone until it is replaced but it is an option if you don't want Sprint to look at it.

GrandMaster

because going into a repair store..no matter how painful it may seem will get a ticket made that sprint will then see. the majority of the reports sprint get about these problems are from the repair stores. ditto with things that have worked for them fix wise or that have been tried and didnt work.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: constant loss of signal problem with Epic Touch 4G

i didn't take it back b/c a new phone wouldn't fix the problem

Journeyman

the test kernel and os 2.3.6 and ek02 seems to have fixed my issue as far as los. it has been a week and so far no los when i work in a building that i am lucky to get 1 bar of service or no service in.

Journeyman

I have this same issue. I live in Chicago and have had perfect coverage with Sprint for 9 years now. During that time, I have roamed twice ever, and both times was in the middle of nowhere in southern Illinois. Since buying this phone last night I have had a data connection for a total of maybe 10 combined minutes (and when I did, it was slow) and my phone has gone into roaming about a dozen times.

Journeyman

BLACKKASH, i'm not a computer programmer so i have no idea what you're saying.  i'm guessing it's the software fix they're supposedly working on?  do you work for sprint/samsung?  how did you get the new software?  do you know when it will be available for the rest of us?

Journeyman

yes its an update and it not offical yet it was a leaked version and it works quite well

Journeyman

blackash, any chance you can tell if the 3g data speed problems has been addressed with this build?

Journeyman

Don't believe it when they tell you it's a hardware issue and to take your phone to a service center.

I don't have an Epic, but here's a list of the problems I've been having with my EVO:

• outgoing calls not connecting (busy network messages)
  • constantly dropping calls
  • sudden multiple voicemail notices because inbound calls never came through
  • spotty 3G coverage
  • texts not sending or receiving

I've been having these problems for a while now and  finally went to the Sprint store yesterday to complain about it.  The  guy I talked to said Sprint is having issues due to the drain the iPhone  has created on the network.  He said they are working on the  problem but it  would probably be months before the problem can be resolved.  I thought  that was probably the case but hoped Sprint had the bandwidth in place  BEFORE bringing on the iPhone.  Steve Jobs contiunues to attack Android from beyond the grave!

My experience with Sprint has been a good one, so I'm not going  to jump ship, but it's frustrating to have been paying the monthly  "premium data fee" for well over a year now with no 4G coverage, apps I  don't want and can't get rid, and now constant network problems.   Based  on that, what exactly is that fee for anyway if I'm not enjoying  "premium data"?

Regarding the annoying bloatware apps, the salesperson's answer  to this was to buy a newer phone.  Perhaps messing with the OS is how  they make customers with older phones upgrade to new phones?  These apps  can be removed from the EVO 3D and don't exist on other phones.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat