cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epic 4g touch ics update

Highlighted
Journeyman

epic 4g touch ics update

I think there is still some bugs 1,my battery life is draining alot faster after the update,when my phone was in 2.3.6 the battery life lasted the whole day with constant opening apps and playing music,but now i charge my phone atleast twice a day since the update,another thing i want to mention about is when im scrolling up and down on the browser or facebook ect... i think its not fast scrolling,it just jumps on me when i barely swip down or up on the page,i just want to put this out there.if theres any way you guys can fix this anytime soon it will be great.thanks

Tags (5)
11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: epic 4g touch ics update

My battery life is pretty much the same as before. The scrolling issue should be an ICS thing.

I too have noticed that the battery may be draining a little faster. The QBKING video stated that he didn't like how "fast" the scroll was - The scrolling is not going too fast nor have I noticed that it jumps? Seems ok to me.I was hoping that Sprint will keep an issues log in this forum so users can see the reported issues, etc.

Journeyman

thanks mr crinnesota

Journeyman

thanks guys

Journeyman

Still haven't received mine yet.. and I am in Greensboro, NC area... oh well.

Journeyman

I have two spare batteries I always carry in case i cant get to a place to plug in and charge, I would replace one during the day probably twice a week when I was using my phone heavily, ICS update really drained the batteries quickly that I was using all three batteries in one day everyday with little use. First morning, unplu phone from charging, let dogs out and within 45 minutes my battery had gone from 100% to 80% charge and all I did was check it to see if I had emails. 4G was off, WiFi was off, Brightness was off etc. I also noticed that my phone would get quite warm to touch. I even tried pulling the battery and restarting the phone, draining the battery completely then putting it on a full charge to no avail.

I have since rolled my phone back to Gingerbread and my battery is lasting a full day again and thats with Brightness on automatic and using WiFi a few times a day.

Journeyman

I am having problems with this update as well.

My phone is over heating and draining the battery life real fast. 30% battery life was gone within 20 minutes. My phone no longer recognizes my charger most of the time, and when it does it wont get passed 30%. Funny thing is, I got it to charge while turned off and it got to 100%, when I turned it on...30%. 

I dont know what the difference is between my phone and others here, but I would suggest updating with caution.  I have seen some posts on other sites saying to leave the battery out for a few hours...I'l update this post if I find a fix...

I did the manual update and noticed that battery seemed to be worse. I was using wifi (not 3g) because I have it set to autosync email as that always conserved battery for me. I found suggestions in other threads to "factory reset." I am not sure if that is why but I saw an improvement today at work where on GB I had to plug my phone in at work because it would drain battery to nothing (poor reception in building) within 7 hrs from a full charge. I was still at 35% when I left 12 hours later. Try the factory reset. I could not get the power/volume button to do the reset (seemed to hang with the little android guy) but I did the factory reset in the privacy setting and worked like a charm - still had ICS (I wasn't sure if I would lose it or not). Suggestion - do factory reset to see if there is improvement. There are some things not crazy about ICS (changes) but my phone seems more responsive etc.

Journeyman

I had already tried all the above. I even run my mail on push through exchange and to be honest I never asked for ICS, and after giving it just over a day, I don't want it neither. power drainage is the biggest complaint about ICS so if your getting longer life on ICS over Gingerbread then you really are one of the lucky few.

Journeyman

To all struggling with or interested in the ICS update to the Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S2:

Please consider reviewing the link below and adding your thoughts on the larger mobile computing/Android industry implications raised by the flawed ICS update.

Thank you.

Re: Failed and COSTLY Ice Cream Sandwich update and Swype fix (Epic 4G Touch Samsung Galaxy S2)

Journeyman

I think the batter life is the fact that the wireless stays on after the phone goes to sleep. 

Try this

Go under wireless, press menu

Select Advance.

There should be 3 options under advance

Wireless option while phone is in sleep mode

1) Wireless stays on while phone is sleep mode            "I believe this is the default and I think this is what's causing so much battery nightmare, stupid if you ask me"

2) Wireless stays on only when phone is charged   

3) Wireless turns off when phone is sleep mode

Hope this helps.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat