cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epic keyboard gets stuck on shortcuts..when does the protection plan come into effect?

Journeyman

epic keyboard gets stuck on shortcuts..when does the protection plan come into effect?

i have called various times and gone to sprint stores to get my phone reset ..i do have the protection plan but sprint keeps telling me its the apps im downloading..its crap i stopped downloading apps and it still doesnt let me use the keyboard properly without me pressing the letter e and taking me to my email..so at what point does my protection plan come into effect?..this issue is rendering my keyboard useless and i should not have to reset my phone everytime the letters send me to the keyboard shortcuts.

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: epic keyboard gets stuck on shortcuts..when does the protection plan come into effect?

There is three things you can do yourself:

1> turn your phone off and pull the battery and put it back in.

2>if you remember when exactly you started having problems remove any apps after that point.

3> nobody likes to do this, but as a last resort you can do a factory reset which will revert your phone back to when you first bought it. Remember, you will lose all data except what is on your sd card. Doing a battery pull fixes most problems. Hope this helps...................

Journeyman

Re: epic keyboard gets stuck on shortcuts..when does the protection plan come into effect?

Honestly change to a different keyboard.  However if this is for the Epic 4G then you have the wrong thread/forum :/

acidic-e- wrote:

Honestly change to a different keyboard.  However if this is for the Epic 4G then you have the wrong thread/forum :/

Ditto - You can go to market (google play) and download a new keyboard app . I like "GO keyboard" because it has cursor keys although a lot of people like "swiftkey" but like acid-e- said its not for a physical keyboard like is on the Epic 4g only virtual keyboards, Good luck.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat