cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i read and write my text messages from my computer?

Journeyman

9 REPLIES

Re: how do i read and write my text messages from my computer?

The only thing that we have to where you may be able to send text messaging from your PC is call Web Texter. You can go there by signing into sprint.com account. Go to preferences tab. Choose text messaging and that will take you to Web Texter.

What you can do with Sprint Web Texter

Text right here - simply select or enter a number, and type away.
Use shortcuts and emoticons like you would on your phone.
Forward texts to your phone.

Ray

Journeyman

i think you can via samsung kies, i know you can read them

Journeyman

I just tried this and it works very well with Kies Air you can do it wirelessly via you WiFi connection at home or you can use your cable. Go to samsung download Kies and on your phone go to app store and get kies air. It works,,,

Highlighted
Journeyman

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but you can generally send people SMS (short text) messages via email on your computer.  For example, assume someone has the phone number 212-555-9999

If they have a Sprint CDMA phone you can email 2125559999@messaging.sprintpcs.com to send them an SMS message.

If they have a Nextel iDEN phone you can email 2125559999@page.nextel.com to send them an SMS message.

Journeyman

I am not sure how you mean. Like mentioned already there's the Web texter. But, to read messages on your phone you'd have to establish a link between the phone and the computer. Kies air would work. I use air droid, fairly simple and easy to use and you don't need to install anything on the computer itself. It uses the browser.

Journeyman QHC
Journeyman

Let me put it a slightly different way:  How can I read the text messages that were/are sent to my phone on my computer? For example, I left my phone at home and would still like to see the texts I get and respond to them via text.

Journeyman

Download the app MightyText from Google Play. It works really well. Easy to set up on your phone and the computer you want to receive your texts.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texty.sms&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDE...

Journeyman

Download the app MightyText from Google Play. It works really well. Easy to set up on your phone and the computer you want to receive your texts.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texty.sms&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDE...

Wizard

You may also want to think about either enabling Google voice, this will allow your SMS to be seen in www.google.com/voice, or if you use SMS backup + you can have it sync to your Gmail account.