Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just bought phone........have to remove battery to turn on.

Journeyman

just bought phone........have to remove battery to turn on.

Is there a issue with having to remove the battery to power up my phone.  This has happened 4 times since i bought this thing a week ago.  I'll set it down, come back, try to turn it on, but it wont power up witout having to remove the battery.  Since i bought the otter box to protect the phone, it takes awhile to get to the battery. I went to a sprint store and was told this was a glich that sprint was going to send a fix to my phone,, the truth or just another sprint " get off my back " answer.  Anyone know??

2 REPLIES 2
Master

So sorry that you're having issue with the device! When  you press the power key device should power back on.If not,may be some kind of software corruption issue.I would suggest you to back up your info to sd card and complete reset on the phone.

Here is the reset info using device hard keys

1. Remove and Replace Battery
  2. Press and hold “Volume UP” + POWER
  3. Samsung Galaxy II screen will flash twice, keep holding until the Android appears, then let go of buttons
  4. Use “Volume DOWN” to scroll to and highlight “wipe data/factory reset”
  5. Press “HOME” key to select
  6. Use “Volume DOWN” to scroll to and highlight “Yes – delete all user data”
  7. Press “HOME” key to select

After data wide is complete, Press “HOME” key to select “reboot system now

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

thanks for your reply, i took the phone to a sprint store where they did the re-boot.  1 day later it happened 2more times.  I was within my 14 days of purchase (online) and sprint is sending a new replacement.  It was a process though, I talked to 4 different people, at least (35 real minutes), and will have to jump through a couple of hoops.  Between the Sprint stores and online communications i was amazed at the lack of real knowledge of thier own products.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat