Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone and a bill ALREADY?

Journeyman

new phone and a bill ALREADY?

IM A NEW TO SPRINT JUST GOT MY PHONE TODAY AND I ALREADY HAVE ABILL OF 238 WTH SOMEONE HELP

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

They prorate your first bill.  

Journeyman

Your first bill will tend to have some prorated charges, since Sprint bills one month in advance, and a $36 activation charge for the new line of service.

Journeyman

Yea? It's saying they'll turn it off tomorrow if i just got it today ...that don't seem right

Journeyman

I doubt that is the case if you purchased the phone today. To make sure, I would give Customer Care a call and make sure there is no issue. That number is 888.211.4727

Journeyman

Blah.  Ahh alright (: thanks a lot (:

Wizard

Are you looking at your bill on Sprint.com?

Journeyman

Yea....but i got a phone call saying i exceeded my spending limit & my bill onlinr says diff

Journeyman

If you are on a spending limit account, you must pay that bill down below that limit before the due date, or you line will be hotlined.

Example: If your bill is $200, and your ASL is $150 you must pay that $51 before the due date, or your service will be hotlined.

Wizard

And by "hotlined", you mean service will be cut off, right Watts? It's not that unusual, azaragoza, so don't let it bug you. Just knock the amount down with a payment like Watts says.

Journeyman

Hotlining an ASL account entails the device not being able to make calls or send texts. All recieving functions remain active, until a certain point where the account is considered delinquent.

Journeyman

Yup yup... Now it says  -293$  owed

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat