cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Settings" Stops Until Bluetooth Turned Off After JB Update

Journeyman

"Settings" Stops Until Bluetooth Turned Off After JB Update

After the recent JB update I noticed that if I have BT on, I can't access Settings menu and get a "Settings has stopped" message.  If I turn off BT then I can get to the Settings menu.  Also, when BT is on it doesn't auto connect any longer and no devices are listed under paired device list.    Phone is stock and not rooted.  No issues during Kies update.  Everything elese seems to work OK.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: "Settings" Stops Until Bluetooth Turned Off After JB Update

I am so tired of seeing:

Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.

This definitely happens when trying to change the BlueTooth link from the phone to  one BT or another.  I've got a BlueAnt in my car, two Samsung ear sets, and the cordless phone set for my house landline can also link to a cell phone so I can answer it from a cordless handset.  But for the "Settings" on the cell phone to keep on stopping is quite aggravating!

Other than that, I have been pretty happy with the Jelly Bean update.  Luckily I am eligible for an upgrade on June 1, so am considering the Note 2.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same problem. It locks my phone solid requiring a battery pull. As soon as I turn the Bluetooth on I get the "unfortunately settings has stopped" I can actually connect a Bluetooth device after the message clears but after about 5 minutes the phone freezes requiring a battery pull. Needless to say this is a lot of trouble aside from the fact that I went from as perfectly usable device to one that is useless for me since I use my Bluetooth extensively while I drive. I spend approximately four hours a day on the road and it is illegal to use the phone except with hands free I am highly upset at this development. Is there a way to revert back to ice cream sandwich? If not I must say I now have a phone that is basically useless for half of my working day. This is ridiculous. I certainly hope a fix is in the works.

Journeyman

For those having issues, try backing up your data and doing a factory reset if you haven't already.  Sprint spent quite a bit of time working out BT issues but I suspect the test cases were not done on phones with almost 2 years of data and use on them.  (Speculative because I don't know anyone who tested it officially for Sprint and/or Samsung)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat