ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy s2 was great! after update a piece of garbage

Journeyman

Re: samsung galaxy s2 was great! after update a piece of garbage

TANDERS23, wow are you serious lol i thought there was definitely no way out of that one. i just followed your instructions and it worked just like you said it would. thank you so much for taking the time out to help someone out with your knowledge. it is greatly appreciated. and now if you can help me make a million dollars..... lmao

thanks again TANDERS23

Journeyman

lol.... no problem and if i could help make you a million dollars id already be rich and if i was rich i would not be on SPRINT. LOL......

Journeyman

Just want to add my two cents to all this. I received the ICS update about 2 weeks ago and from the get go I had problems. First off, battery life was cut to half. Second, When i would try and use the GPS nav I would get a lot of “searching for GPS” and it would not fix on the sats for about 3 minutes or more. But the worst thing that happened, and I have not seen many post so far, is that ICS is frying the micro SD card. I lost my first one about 2 days after the update. I figured a fluke. Went out and bought a second and a week later it fried the second. Hours before the second card going out, the phone went into reset mode and kept cycling off and on. I took the phone to sprint and they rolled back the phone to Gingerbread with not even an apology or offer to replace the one of the 2 sd cards got fried.

Journeyman

thats interesting APNY2NV1 when i brought my phone to sprint they couldn't roll it back to Gingerbread. If i could bring it back to gingerbread that would be great. because when it was gingerbread everything worked, 4G, battery life, usb connection, gps, etc,..

Journeyman

Denone,

Fyi ...there are no disk in smart phones.

Only flash memory.

Once deleted all info is unrecoverable.

Journeyman

I have had similar issues with my S2 including the blue tooth constantly disconnecting from both my vehicle and the setting menu flash rapidly on its own even when the phone is idle. I upgraded to this phone and gave my son mu HTC EVO and added another line by getting the Galaxy Nexus for my second son. I called customer service with regard to the 100.00 AMEX card for adding the NExus to my plan and was told I should receive it in a couple of weeks- funny because I never received the rebate form and Im still waiting for them to process the 50.00 rebate for upgrading to S2/ Im extremely disappointed and have two years to think about agreeing to another two year plan. Just yesterday  when my wife called my number it went directly to a some rouge credit card company announcement and hung up this continued all day until I had the time to call customer service to correct the issue.

Journeyman

I must agree that the galaxy s2 after the updates has been a bit touchy. Mostly because of the new UI(user interface) ice cream sandwich.

I have found  that, more often than not, it's the user thats the problem. Lol..don't misunderstand me i'm by no means saying that the s2 is without its flaws ...lord knows that it needs some work.in the OS department. However, most of the time, what ever problem your having is easily remedied with a little patience and research. In a nutshell just try to gain a better understanding on your new device especially if you were an evo owner. Most evo owners need sometime to get use to the newer android os mostly because the evo had so few MAJOR updates.

So..my recommendation to users updating devices. Be patient , be careful and alwayse remember any changes you make in the setting and most important, if your not a developer the dont tamper with Developer Options in your settings. You may not like the results.

Have a nice day. 🙂

Journeyman

Well bless your heart csaint26! How long have we had this update problem and for how many updates?  Ahem!  I'm tired of waiting for something that was supposed to be readily usable!  I have had my device for a year now; I don't need to get used to my old device that WAS WORKING with ginger bread!   BTW I bought an epic because it wasn't an EVO!  If i pray and have patience will it stop me from random reboots with my battery dropping from 80%-40% in less than a minute? I'm going to pray for the patience for another update soon that doesnt mess my phone up more

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot_2012-09-20-19-05-12.png

I got 3 more pics... Lord help us Epic 4g tough users!

Journeyman

i get about 8 hrs heavy uses(texts fb dating apps google search netflix) and i have go launcer and all their widgets running also

Journeyman

I'm with you. I think its about time for me to go to another carrier, also.

Journeyman

I'd like to see someone top this. I went from a fully charged battery to 50 percent discharged in 43 minutes! I am charging my phone twice since I started my day at 6am. To charge the phone twice before noon is a record I will cherish for the rest of the time I own this phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat