cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung gaxaly s II ...high voltage battery warning.... does not show charging properly....

Journeyman

samsung gaxaly s II ...high voltage battery warning.... does not show charging properly....

A few weeks ago my samsung gaxaly s2 all of a suddenly started showing a warning of voltage to high charging paused. Didn't think to much of it till my battery showed it was not charging with the icon. I went on line and did some research as to battery  life. mine was a year old so I replaced it... Nothing... new cords..nothing ... still had same issues..I called a sprint store and they told me it was a software issue and to bring it in for a down load to fix the problem tech knew what it was saying before i even told him...  went to sprint store they said my power /data port was shot and I could not get the software fix  & i need a new phone...(but I never before had power port problems!! )   I have no insurance and oppted not to do this I went home and used a different cord (New one my son got with his tablet), and I can get it to charge but high voltage warning and no battery icon shows when charging, but it will still charge..I have to watch it .....If it is a port issue (which I dought) they said it cant be fixed..my solution..ebay...bought extened battery with a seperate battery charger and will charge battery outside of phone and swap out batteries as needed once they die.Waiting for my battery  and charger now,   This will truly show if it is a port issue or not.....I"ve heard on different web sites of alot of other people having this same issue as me!!!.I have 6 monts till i am able to get an up grade......  we will see how this works...

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: samsung gaxaly s II ...high voltage battery warning.... does not show charging properly....

ecp20gates,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Would you mind sending me a private message so that I can see what other options are available to you? I would need your account information and link to this post. Thanks for your cooperation!

Sincerely

Aron B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Re: samsung gaxaly s II ...high voltage battery warning.... does not show charging properly....

I had the same exact issues! Last fall this phone began acting crazy. I spent 5 hours with a tech reloading things. The phone would shut off randomly and would dhow no power yet when I plugged it in it showed a full charge. The tech said it had gotten do hot it had warped the battery. They offered to order s battery. I told them I lived and worked some distance away. I told them it would be at least two weeks until I could return but I had to have my phone because my daughter's graduation was the next day. When I returned they told me I had only 10 days to pick it up or it was returned. Furthermore because I passed a deadline my phone was now past warranty.  It worked right for a week then problems. I have limped through the past six months. Updated two other family member's phones. I am less than 20 days from my upgrade and my daughter's wedding is this weekend and we have tons of events and I have no phone. I read it was another software upgrade rolled out with bugs. I can't get sny satisfaction from Sprint. I intend to start cancelling lines in two weeks. By October 3 lines shut down. I loved Sprint until the last 6 months. No way they should treat loyal customers this way.

Journeyman

I am not only having high voltage warnings with my Samsung Galaxy S2 but I feel like everything that can go wrong with this phone has for me. The last two days whether the phone is plugged in charging or I am actually using it the battery warning comes on when the phone can stay on that long. While in use every single day or just sitting on my desk or night stand it turns off for no reason whatsoever. And when I try to turn it back on it shuts off within 10 seconds even with a full battery and will not stay on until I take out the battery and place back into the phone and it putto charge atleast twice. It is not only highly annoying and irritating but extremely stressful when try to call Sprint about and the phone turns off midway thru the conversation. I have had this phone replaced twice in the last few months because of an "update issue" that I was told not to download until the glitch was fixed. Even without installing that update the new phone had problems but I just let it go because I was too far away from an upgrade and sprints only solution was to replace my S2 for a third time. We tried soft resets and hard resets and updated the phone to the jellybean software and nothing has worked. I just brought a new battery two days ago thinking that it was what was causing the phone to overheat, turnoff, drop calls, tell me I had no service like my phone was disconnected and turnoff but the new battery did not fix a thing. I went into the Sprint store in my area today and asked if my upgrade can be pushed up instead of another one of the defective phones (I am 6 months away from eligibility but can't take another minute with this model) and even after I explained my situation saw the phone acting up as we spoke and they told me if the upgrade was that far they could do nothing for me that I can leave my phone in the service center and I got so angry I just walked out. I have had my cell phone line thru my dads account for many years and am sad to say that as of Monday morning (when I can use a stable phone line) I plan on canceling my service and finding another company that can help me when I have a phone issue and not just tell me to come back in a few months. I am over Sprint and the way they treat their customers. I will never recommend Sprint to anyone and plan on speaking to my dad about changing the other two lines on this account as well.

Journeyman

I've been here before with the same problem.  Sprint contacted by email, chat, and store.  Not one bit of help anywhere.  Then I called Samsung.  The gal could not have been nicer. I was getting the "charging paused, hih voltage" message for almost two weeks.  Since the phone was under one year Samsung was going to send a label and I was to send the phone back.  They were also going to extend my warranty for three months.  This was all under the original warranty from Samsung (not anything extra I purchased).  I went to a Sprint store after talking with eCare to get a cheap replacement phone to use while mine was being repaired.  Couldn't get help from two locations.  Besides, all of a sudden, the phone started to work properly!!  Needless to say, I didn't send it back.  BIG MISTAKE!!  Three months after one year warranty expired and I'm getting the same message.  The phone charges very quickly then sucks the battery to 0 and shuts off.  I've only used the OEM charger.  In looking at all the posts regarding this issue (and when Googled, too), one would think we perhaps need to have some class action suit.  There is definetely a big problem somewhere.  I can't use my phone for more than twenty minutes at most when it's not plugged in.  If there have been known issues with this particular model, why are we all getting the runaround??  Sprint has come a long way in customer service...only to find they have been slipping again over the past two years.  And the stores!  They are all a waste of time.  So, what can we do??

Journeyman

I had the same issue and didn't have the insurance.  Sprint was not able to fix it and I was lucky that I had two weeks before my warranty expired.  Since I didn't have the insurance plan I visited three different sprint stores before i got someone that knew what they were talking about.  Once I got my phone replaced with a new one I opted to get the insurance.  Good thing I did becuase my current phone started doing the same thing a few days ago. 

Journeyman

I'm convinced these phones were shipped out with defective batteries. As I said in another posts here, Sprint was not at all helpful and Samsung was willing to fix it if it was under one year.  Those having this problem, check the battery that came with the phone. I found it was swollen. I replaced it with a $3 one I found on ebay. I haven't had any prolems since that time. Now I ask you...why didn't Sprint or Samsung say that???   I'm confident if we contact the FCC and report this someting will get done. I'll begin the file but, I need all the others to follow suit.

Journeyman

I have the same problems with my s2 and sprint has been everything but helpful!! After 2 visits to the only sprint store within 60 miles, and 4 hours of wasted time, my phone having a factory reset done, the rep says you have moisture damage. My phone has never had water near it. I spoke to someone here and they said the one strip will always show a little moisture but both would pop if water had gotten to it because the strips are next to each other. I am also going to end my contracts, I have 4 lines and still over a year and a half left on them. I would like to hear if anyone is going to contact the FCC and also how to go about doing it. I have the insurance but why bother, when the tech in the store says my warranty under the insurance is void because she claims moisture?? They say what they want to without any thought for what you tell them. I'm done with sprint!!

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem now.  My wife had it a month ago.  We had to upgrade outside our contract.  I don't want to do that again.  It cost and extra $150 + plus cost of phone + extending sprint for 2 more years.  Is there a Class Action Lawsuit Lawyer out there who can help us?

Journeyman

I just started having that same problem 2 days ago.   Did you get your new battery and did that fix the problem

Journeyman

I've had this exact same problem. MANY TIMES. I'm currently on my FOURTH replacement s2 in less than a year. While sprint did replace my phoneS free of charge, the replacement phones (never new..all refurbished S2s) have all displayed the same self destructive malfunctions. I wasted so so so many hours in the store and on the phone (not my S2 obviously) trying to get this problem solved. It just seems that at some point replacing the S2 with a different model would make better fiscal sense, but Sprint isn't having any of that logic. I have another solid year before I can upgrade and I KNOW this fourth S2 wont make it that long. I would gladly pay the 100 (bucks or whatever discount comes when you sign a 2 year contract) for a different phone, but I was told that wouldn't be possible. Here are the options I was given by Sprint (seriously..this is what I was told by a rep):

-Make due with a phone that doesn't work..or buy a cheap prepaid phone to use while I continue  paying my monthly bill for the S2                                                            whether I'm  actually using the thing or not... Yes, a Sprint rep ACTUALLY presented that as a realistic and acceptable option.

-Pay the ridiculous fee to break my contract and use a different provider

-Purchase a new phone at full price

Since I'm not Richie Rich, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. I would like to stay with Sprint, but the company's refusal to rectify this issue has me seriously considering ditching a cell all together and just going off the grid. It's maddening.

Journeyman

Why do you folks ask us to "reach out..."  Sprint has done nothing but come up with a new reason each time why this is happening.  I have NO DOUBT the problem is/was defective batteries.  I replaced my swollen one with a $3 ebay one.  Never another problem.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat