cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update issue home screen wallpaper

Journeyman

Sense the last Samsung Galaxy S II update i've list the ability to have my home screen wallpaper scrollable over the many home screen pages.

I can no longer have the wide version of a wallpaper I can only get a standard stationary one.

Has anyone else had this issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

With the recent update to the Samsung Galaxy S II, some of the live wallpapers were removed. The ability to scroll, however, is currently under investigation and we are in research with our device team in regards to this matter. We hope to have an answer for you soon.

Markie_B

Journeyman

Re: update issue home screen wallpaper

I have the same issue, samsung galaxy s. I am planing on rooting this thing due to firmware from sprint is just stupid. Orginal firmware from day one my phone lockedup and had to pull the batt. First update was 100x faster and ran great but... the batt life was almost halfed. Then this latest one just made me want a HTC phone. Samsung your good but the lack of support for older phones is crap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the firmware is not a Sprint issue as they do not make the phone it is Samsung.  Also the wallpaper issue is in fact a issue with TouchWiz iirc this also affected the "beta" builds that were not released but it was still present in the EL29 update.  There are a few 3rd party launchers that can get around this however ADW EX always worked for me when I was still running the stock roms you might give that a try.  ADW does have a free version the EX version is a paid app so I would suggest trying just nor ADW at first to see if you like it then after that either keep it or go to EX or back to TouchWiz.

Journeyman

I always thought the firmware was done by the provider due to a phone on one network to another are different, guess I was wrong lol. I will try that and see what fixes it well. I wish I knew what firmware made my phone run super fast at cost of batt life. Worked great till the last update.

Journeyman

Battery life is from the modem (from what we have seen) different modems actually get better battery life then others cause of changes within them.  I'm on a custom rom (Codename Android 4.0.4) but I run a Samsung ICS "leaked" FB02 modem for my radio and 3G/et all.  Some modems will effect the speeds of your data as well Some are far better then others but coverage in your area does come into play with that also.

Journeyman

I was not thinking about the modem use but load time for apps and programs changed this latest update. The time the battery life was about halfed was when everything loaded super fast (Angry Birds loaded like in 8sec and now takes like 20-28sec. Same for some of my other apps). Also boot time was like 15sec now its like 60sec. So something changed. I just wish they would stop fixing things that  already working and focus on making the darn thing faster or something.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat