cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to jelly bean

Journeyman

upgrade to jelly bean

i upgraded to jelly bean and now my phone wont charge. i plug in the charger and it blinks on and off but wont charge.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: upgrade to jelly bean

Rec'd niotification of upgrade this morning.

After reading that battery power got even worse I see no point to doing this upgrade.

Maybe Kiwi will improve it, but by the time that goes out, my contract will be up next March.

After 10 years with Sprint I may leave for a new carrier. I love the all included plan,

but the phone issues are just too much to waste anymore time on.

Journeyman

Why, when things were working fine do they scrrrew things up with updates? I was perfectly happy with the S2 the way it was.

I will do you one better. I updated night before last. Yesterday I thought it seemed like the power was kind of funny. I plugged it in when I got home and had almost 50% power. After being plugged in it was at 25%. In other words, plugging in the charger made it DISCHARGE. It's now zeroed and I am unable to turn it on at all It's a new battery, less than 2 months old. I am taking it to Sprint Store today to see what they can do. Anyone else having this issue?

Journeyman

JB is well worth the update.  But here's where I disagree with Sprint's upgrade method.

Since the early leaks it has been well known that there were issues with the data coming from ICS to JB, even though JB was well worth the update.  Sources with access to information even suggested that Sprint was considering at one point a 2 step upgrade to try and reduce some of the issues. 

The best suggestion for those wishing to go to Jelly Bean - back up your data and clean the slate.  It's been almost 2 years for original owners of the phone and data can clutter up.  Save what you need, then do a factory reset, update, then one more factory reset.  Give it a clean slate and then restore what you need.   You'll find, like many of us have, that it breathes a second life into the phone.

Journeyman

Hi garwynn,

I installed JB first, then did a factory reset and then put all my apps back on one at a time.  Battery life wasn't very good.  This morning I reluctantly did a second factory reset per your suggestion and reinstalled my apps one at a time, then charged the battery to 100%.  I am pleasantly surprised to find that the second reset seems to have helped quite a bit.  After a little over 2 hours the battery is still at 93% whereas before the second reset it would have been down to that level after about 45 minutes and for whatever reason the phone would show the screen as the highest consumption by far even if my phone was idling.  Now the consumption seems to be much better balanced between a variety of users.  Adding apps and loading emails and getting everything back on the phone isn't the most fun but it's worth it if I continue to experience improved battery life.

Thanks for the suggestion to do a second reset, and for all the other useful info you share here.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat