cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vlingo launches automatically

Patron

My epic 4g touch launches the voice menu for Vlingo whenever I plug in a 3.5mm plug that is attached to my car stereo. This wouldn't really be a problem except whenever the aux jack is plugged in the phone's mic is disabled. Anyone else have the same issue? If the plug is removed the mic works and vlingo responds to voice commands. The only thing that i can think of is to tether the phone to a car stereo that has bluetooth to avoid this, but I don't have that kind of stereo yet. Any ideas to fix this? It would be nice to prevent vlingo from starting up and when it does to use the built in mic while the aux 3.5mm plug is in.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
GrandMaster

basically it thinks youre plugging in a wired headset. this is the first i have actually heard of this problem. im still running the evo but im going to try it when i get home and see if does the same thing to me.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

I've just stopped using Vlingo and just use the normal Google Voice Search. [mainly because holding magnifying glass pops up Vlingo, then I have to tap another thing, then I have to say what I want to do.....Google Voice Search is directly to what I want to do, no intermediate tapping]  If you wanted to disable Vlingo, just go to menu -> settings -> applications -> manage applications, find Vlingo Voice whatever and "clear defaults".  I find Vlingo not that helpful.  You can already add "driving mode" in normal Google Voice Search which will read you your texts and emails.

AND, I'd suggest downloading the SVOX TTS with Grace voice ($2.99) but makes everything far easier to understand than the stock voices.  The Vlingo voice is alright, but it does quirky things, like you've already mentioned.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat