cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what am i suppose to do??? - Samsung Galaxy S2 - ICS - bricked phone

Journeyman

what am i suppose to do??? - Samsung Galaxy S2 - ICS - bricked phone

My situation.

I bought my SGS2 about a year ago the first week it came out. I abosolutely love my phone and never had a problem with it.  About a week ago, my phone updates to ICS and the problems start. My phone wont stay on for more than 3 minutes without resetting.  I goto sprint, they cant do nothing for me, I call samsung, "get the newest firmware" which I did, and still nothing.

This is complete BS. I'm paying a fortunate for Sprints service and they cant do anything but "hope that samsung reverts to gingerbread".

Am I the only one with this problem?

Ive tried hard reset.

Ive tried taking out my battery.

Nothing. The stupid phone has a mind of its own. I can leave it sitting there a minute and the screen turns on, and off, and on, and off, then I touch it, and it resets.

If this isnt resolved soon, I'll never buy another samsung product again.. and gaurentee I'm switching providers ASAP. 

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: what am i suppose to do??? - Samsung Galaxy S2 - ICS - bricked phone

Which software is currently on your device?  What kind of hard reset did you do on the device?  Have you been to the store since you recieved the updated software from Samsung?

Journeyman

FH13 which i just got yesterday. I did the hard reset by pressing the upvolume and the power button.

I went to the Sprint store (network store) today and was told there was nothing they could do for me. Update and all.

I just performed another reset.  The phone is functioning well. I really hope this thing ends up working.. ive been dealing with this for three days (the constant resetting off my phone whenever i use it for more than three minutes.. or dont touch it at all) and am really REALLY frustrated. Im sure we've all been there with electronic devices.

Master

Sorry you have had a problem.  I have not seen these problems mention in all the ICS previously but I know I have not read 100% of all the threads on that.

I have seen where it has taken multiple reboots to clear the issues up for some people.  Let us hope you have reached that point.

Journeyman

This is a common problem with the ICS update. It is just that Sprint is sweeping it under the rug. I took the ICS update on my S2 and nothing but problems. Battery life cut in half, my Ford Sync feature where the phone automaticly syncs with the phone does not work, GPS SAT fixing takes forever (if it even fixes on the sats without rebooting), and the best part.... ICS update fryed 2 of my SD cards. I finally took it into the Sprint store on Labor Day after I woke up and the phone just went into reset mode and kept cycling off and on. When I took it in that morning, two other customers brought theirs in with almost the same problems. The service techs at the store took my phone and 1h later I got it back and it was rolled back to Gingerbread. Funny thing is that they never opened a ticket on it. Huh??? If no ticket is opened... How would Sprint know the extent of the ICS issues? Anyone else have a similar story?

Journeyman

Unfortunatelly, wishful thinking got me no where.  After more hard resets because of the same problem, I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!! My phone resets. And Resets. And Resets.  Sprint should seriously consider going back to gingerbread.  I dont care about the newest android gadgets and platforms. I want a working phone! This phone was amazing when I first got it.. why go ahead and mess it up?  I sincerely hope Sprint doesnt just turn a blind eye. This situation is frustrating and I don't think its right for us, the consumers, to have to deal with this nonsense.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat