cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/19 - Samsung Epic™ 4G Software Update - EL30

Journeyman

I'm having problems since the update also.  I can't receive calls.  I hear the ringtone and then the "force close" message comes up referencing a com.android.com error.  It's quite irritating because when I'm on a call, an incoming call kills that one too.  What is the solution?

MiniMae wrote:

I'm having problems since the update also.  I can't receive calls.  I hear the ringtone and then the "force close" message comes up referencing a com.android.com error.  It's quite irritating because when I'm on a call, an incoming call kills that one too.  What is the solution?

Not having that issue on my phone. Until someone can figure out what is causing it, my guess would be a factory reset would probably fix it.

ahhbrown798sprint wrote:

I have followed the fix from the posting under gingerbead gps problems and followed the xda/odin update and I hope that if ever this update comes to my phone that I will not mess with that gps update. I took a trip with my 2 week old refurb phone and for the 3-4 hour trip from cleveland, ohio to detroit, michigan didn't have any major problems. Only once it glitched for about 5 seconds and regained the gps signal. I will be seriously upset if it messes with my fix from xda.

It probably won't mess with the gps fix from xda. If you have installed the gps fix, the update will most likely fail with an error 7, leaving your phone on EI22. Apparently it checks to see the version of the gpsd file on the phone and if itsn't the stock one, the update will abort.

Journeyman

I got the update, did it. Shortly thereafter my phone froze. It pulled the battery, put it back in, turned the phone back on and it froze again when it got to the Galaxy screen. Sat like that for a few mins. Pulled the battery, did it again....long story short it took a total of 50 minutes to fully turn back on.

Before that I let it sit at the Galaxy screen for about 20 minutes before it finally looked like it came back on but no....it froze again. Resulting in having to start all over again.

Am I the only one this happened to? Any idea why? I hate this damn phone and I hate the service Sprint gives me. I can't wait to finally be free of this contract.

Journeyman

I also have both still installed and no way to remove them.  I do not want to have to factory reset to get rid of them.  Is there a fix for this?

Journeyman

I never did the GPS fix, and my phone updated to EL30 just fine. Now I'm hoping that their was a fix for the GPS issues, I'll find out today on the way to work.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem with my phone!!! Everytime an incoming calls come in it says "force close". It's so irritating because I was not having this issue prior the update! I called Sprint last night and their solution was for me to take it to the store and have them reset it back prior the software update. What a great solution for an update that was meant to improve the phone.

Wizard

Re: 1/19 - Samsung Epic™ 4G Software Update - EL30

Same problem here.  Received the update this morning, and all went smooth as previous OTAs.  Even after a battery pull, both voice call and voice mail broken. When a call comes in, I would get the force close on com.android.com. Once I choose force close, I can see the radio resetting in the notification bar along with the reset tone. Voice mail won't automatically play. I can mute and trash, but the play/pause button is grayed out.

This is the first time I've had OTA problem and have never rooted it.  Was and still running stock.

Edit:  If the solution is to factory reset, then I might as well root and flash CM7.

Master

Try updating all of your applications through the market  This may resolve the the issue   There may be interference from an outdated app.  If that does not work it would then need to be an rtn

Journeyman

Updating apps did not fix problem...

Update.  I can call out.  Just not receive call in.  Phone rings and gives the force close.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem since updating this morning. Now I can't even get incoming calls!!! At least I was able to get those earlier. Sprint needs to pull up.

UPDATE: After calling Sprint's tech support and staying on the phone for 30 minutes, I got no resolution. I finally decided to export my contacts to my SD card, unmount the card, put it in my laptop and export my contacts to google as a back up since the import/export from my phone wasn't working. While the SD card was still out of my phone, I did a factory reset without my SD card mounted. After that, my phone works fine. I put my SD card back in the phone and imported my contacts. All is well now! Maybe I should work for Sprint...no thank you!

Journeyman

From what I am reading in these posts, I don't mind not getting the update with my refurb phone. So far things are going great for now after xda/odin fix. Probably will change, never know with Sprint/Samsung. Hoping for the best.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat