cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/19 - Samsung Epic™ 4G Software Update - EL30

Journeyman

I am having the same horrible issues as others have posted. Not getting any incoming calls. I hear the ring tone but am only getting a pop up error and having to "force close". Very, very disapointed in Sprint on this one! Especially when there own emplyees don't have a clue as to what is going on. Don't even know about the upgrade. Sprint has lost my trust.     I was happy with my Epic and my GPS prior to the security upgrade.

Journeyman

Re: 1/19 - Samsung Epic™ 4G Software Update - EL30

Tested the GPS out today, after getting the update to EL30, and I'll be God Damn if it hasn't gotten WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so PISSED OFF at Sprint and Samsung right now, I could blow a gasket!

Journeyman

Has anyone had any success after applying the EL30 update and then doing a factory reset and finding that the phone is actually working properly (including the gps)?

SprintSamsungSux wrote:

Tested the GPS out today, after getting the update to EL30, and I'll be God **** if it hasn't gotten WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so ****** OFF at Sprint and Samsung right now, I could blow a gasket!

How could it be worse than only working for 5-10 minutes?

Mine seems to be working normally after the update. I haven't had it freeze up yet like with the previous update.

Journeyman

The facory update didn't fix my issues.  There is another thread about not receiving calls and accessing voice mail in the Epic disscussions.  many more are having the same problems.

Journeyman

When using the GPS Status and Tool Box app, I usually don't lose signal. What's gotten worse, is the number of satellites the phone will lock on to, and hence it's accuracy. It's now almost totally useless. At this point, if Sprint doesn't make this right, and get me a phone with working GPS, I'll be canceling my service and going to Verizon.

Journeyman

coasterphotos wrote:

It probably won't mess with the gps fix from xda. If you have installed the gps fix, the update will most likely fail with an error 7, leaving your phone on EI22. Apparently it checks to see the version of the gpsd file on the phone and if itsn't the stock one, the update will abort.

I had installed the GPS Fix on my Epic as well as my wife's.  I tried to run the OTA update this morning on my phone, but it failed with the status 7 error.  Does anyone know how to restore the old GPS files, to allow the update to pass patch verification?

Keep in mind that we are not rooted; we merely (temporarily) installed clockworkmod to install the GPS_Fix.zip.  (I would root -- but I need to use an application for work (Good for Enterprise) which is designed to detect root access and abort if it does find it, for security reasons)

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues, have been on the phone now for well over an hour because the  "update" has rendered my phone un able to receive calls...which is why I called tech support from my HOME phone, since I can't receive calls on my cell...they have now disconnected me twice and keep trying to call me on my cell phone that can't receive calls! Really??!!  Very frustrated that the only solution is to do a hard reset!

Journeyman

I got the OTA update, and NOW i get the feedback. WTF, the phone is getting worse and worse. is there any help coming???

UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Updated my phone this morning (so far, I have only applied official updates from Sprint) and now I can get a lock on 10 satelites when I go outside (only 1 inside my office building). I can receive calls just fine, didn't notice any problem thus far.

Journeyman

Installed the new update this morning and no problems at all.  I love the tweaks and changes to the interface.  The new calling screen is sweet also.  Good job Sprint.

Journeyman

VERY irritated. My phone updated and now I'm having the same issue that a lot of others seems to be having.  Getting the force close prompt when receiving a call. Not very convenient when I have two sick children at the moment. Anything other than a rest that will fix this?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat