cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/9 - Samsung Epic 4G Software Update - Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)- EI22

Highlighted

Gargantula12 wrote:

I also had issues and I tried the cache wipe and had to do the factory reset too. This is the second time major update problems plagued the Epic 4G. No more Samsung phones for me. HTC all the way.

Issue:

With Wi-Fi on, turning on $G does not work. It says it has to disable Wi-Fi, but it never does it. Manually disabling Wi-Fi works though. Does Samsung go through SAT and CAT testing?!

The message says "Wi-FI is now connected. Turn Wi-Fi off to connect 4G network." It doesn't say anything about it doing it automatically.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have pulled the battery multiple times and my Build number is FROYO.EC05 so i dont kno wat the issue is..

Highlighted
Journeyman

if ur phone has not downloaded the gingerbread update you HAVE to hard reset it... i was pissed when sprint saiid that to me but i had 2. My phone was rooted and i had to hard reset the phone as soon as i did the update downloaded and installed.. then i bricked my phone trying to root ginger and had to download the software to put the phone back to pre froyo downloaded froyo once froyo was downloaded and installed i had to HARD reset it again to get it to download  ginger.  I tried this 3 times  all 3 times it worked exactally the same way sorry to say.

GOOD news for all of you who had issues with your contacts being merdged or joined thats fixed in the new version, bluetooth issues are fixed its seems to run faster and it finds all the programs you installed on your memory card.

Bad news is the GPS does not work sprint said they are aware of it now and they are working with samsung to patch it

Highlighted
Journeyman

If by hard reset u mean factory reset I have done that too. Twice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

this update knocked out my cell phone charger. is there anyway to get the charger to work?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I still haven't received the update. My phone is not rooted. Should I be worried? What should I do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am not happy with the new update everyone is raving about.  Kills the battery in half the time, switches to roam ALL the time, and a major issue for me is there is no way to forward a text message now.  Maybe I am too ignorant to figure it out.  Any input would be helpful.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted

FlaSean wrote:

I am not happy with the new update everyone is raving about.  Kills the battery in half the time, switches to roam ALL the time, and a major issue for me is there is no way to forward a text message now.  Maybe I am too ignorant to figure it out.  Any input would be helpful.

I haven't had any battery issues...still getting about the same life out of it.

You can forward text messages the same way as before. Press and hold the message you want to forward and a menu will appear with that optioni.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated my Samsung Epic 4G to the new OS, but has lost the ringtones downloaded through the Sprint Music + app.  The downloaded files are still there and can be selected in the settings for ringtones, but the phone is not recognizing them.  They do not play in the settings nor will the play in the phone's music player.  An error pops up in the music player saying the file is invalid and not recognized.  I've updated the Sprint Music + App and that did not help.  How do we get the ringtone back without paying for it all over again?

Also to clarify - I have gone through the sprint site to re-download the ringtones, but the test message just contains a link to the Sprint Music + app we already have.  It is not an update and will not allow us to re-download the ringtone.  Within the Sprint Music + App, the ringtone is also not recognized as a valid file

Highlighted
Journeyman

Once I downloaded the new software but voicemail icon stopped working. It is saying that voicemail couldnt be downloaded. Is anyone else having the same problem?  Does anyone know how to fix it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The new update killed my phone.  I called customer service and was advised to do a hard reset, and it would only show me a black screen with the Samsung logo on it.  Could not get it to power back on.  After hard resetting twice.  They decided to send me a new phone, at no charge, since this was not my fault, and was a system problem.  They advised that the customer tech's at the store would not be able to help either. They also advised not to accept any downloads if my phone is working properly and do not see a need for them!!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat