cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/9 - Samsung Epic 4G Software Update - Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)- EI22

Journeyman

This update has taken my phone a step back, I am very unhappy with it and wish there was an easy way to revert back to a previous version. 

1. GPS Issues
2. Lag with keyboard/orientation.

3. Other weird keyboard issues, some keys dont register and then sometimes they are stuck as hotkeys/shortcuts.

I have been with Sprint and previously for a total of 10 years now and have no way to get rid of this phone now that I am locked in until next November since Premier is going away.  I am given no choice but to sign a new contract at Verizon and just pay the ETF to Sprint so I can get rid of this phone, and Sprints declining network.

Journeyman

In theory this is a great phone. But after the update it is a useless pile.

GPS tricks you into thinking it is going to work, then bam. Fubar.

Got that feedback issue the other day. Nice, high squeal.

Oh, and my glass is broken for the third time.

Journeyman

Thanks. Both the hardcopy and online manuals for the Epic 4G just suck! This info is nowhere in there.

I also see places where you can copy text, but there's no option to paste it once you go to where you want it. My old POS Lotus was a lot more intuitive.

Journeyman

After I had the original update it bricked my 4g every time i used the gps,is this now repaired or still an issue? i did like the new features but i rely heavily on my map to get me around as I work for DTV.The only solution was to reset my phone and I lost all my stuff, what bummed me out the most was my Angry birds progress. I know who cares rite, well I hope that the new updates good to go Im tired of declining it!

Journeyman

Sorry to say, but this issue still exists. I contacted Sprint support. They were absolutely NO help. They tried to send me to a service store, thinking it was a hardware issue. It is/was an update issue that the temp employee answering my reply was not aware of. I did a reset. It didn't help. I'm now with Verizon and have not looked back. I only replied because I still was subscribed to this thread.

Journeyman

Re: 11/9 - Samsung Epic 4G Software Update - Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)- EI22

I have been a customer since nextel/sprint with the same phone#'s for 16.5 years,their level of service has gone straight down hill.Call a customer rep or tech and they have no idea of whats going on.Technical service is a joke,all you get is some fast talk or what they think is due to poor training,and nothing ever gets resolved.The premier plan was a joke anyway when you could get a better deal with a 2 year plan and they stopped letting you use it for accessorys or hardware.Call your local stores technicial dept and they do not even know there are updates out(2 weeks after gingerbread was out for instance) or what to do.I waited to get my epic 4g till froyo was factory installed after hearing the nightmeres about the ota.I'm so glad to have my phone screwed up by gingerbread and the last fixes,rings in the middle of the night on it's own till I stop it,REALLY GREAT,is slower over all and just does not work right.I do have a nexus s that is ok due to the fact that my salesman told me not to install the update when I got it.If sprint does not get it together they are going to start losing alot of customers including me!!!  WHO ELSE THINKS SPRINT NEEDS HELP,PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: fubar911

Highlighted
Journeyman

Metro PCS is going to eat sprint's lunch.  I wan to roll back to froyo, and the techs in the store insult my intelligence. PM from sprnt: sorry.

All I want is a phone that works. I'll pay for the upgrade. Anything. Just get me a flippin phone!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

My son and I both have a Samsung Epic 4G.   Both phones are having the same problem of not receiving ANY incoming text messages from any cell phone. 

IF a phone call is placed to our cell phones, then the text messges show up.

This past Thursday I contacted Asurion, paid the $100.00 deductable and had them send a replacement phone for my son's.   At the time, my phone was operating okay.

The replacement came on Friday and the same thing is going on with it.   Then Friday evening my phone started doing the same thing.   I called tech support today

and went through some steps, but no resolution, now will be going to the Sprint store today. 

THREE Samsung Epic 4G's ALL having the same issue !!!!   

DebNOH wrote:

My son and I both have a Samsung Epic 4G.   Both phones are having the same problem of not receiving ANY incoming text messages from any cell phone. 

IF a phone call is placed to our cell phones, then the text messges show up.

This past Thursday I contacted Asurion, paid the $100.00 deductable and had them send a replacement phone for my son's.   At the time, my phone was operating okay.

The replacement came on Friday and the same thing is going on with it.   Then Friday evening my phone started doing the same thing.   I called tech support today

and went through some steps, but no resolution, now will be going to the Sprint store today. 

THREE Samsung Epic 4G's ALL having the same issue !!!!   

Sounds more like a coverage issue in your area rather than a phone issue.

Journeyman

I'm on the Epic 4G D700.  Running just fine on EG22 with the GPS fix and really happy that I rooted my phone after thinking about it for six months.

My wife has been on MetroPCS for about 6 months and the only place it would work was at my home.  Ended up jumping over to Virgin Moble which uses the sprint network and we haven't had a single problem with it.

If you think that Sprints service sucks... just wait till you have a problem with MetroPCS... they are a huge joke for customer service.

BTW, don't be affraid to root your phone and use a different firmware.  I was going to upgrade to the latest version but I think I'll hold off now.

Journeyman

OKAY......   After a trip up to the Sprint store I was told.....   There is a MAJOR text messaging outage in Northern OHIO. 

OMG ........   WHY the tech support person was not aware of this who I spoke to this AM.  

They told me at the Sprint store the issue started

on Wednesday Feb 1st !!!    They have no idea when the issue will be resolved, but it's NOT our phones. !!!

Maybe this will help someone else who is in OHIO and searching for an answer and RUNNING in circles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat