cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.2 made this phone 100% better

Highlighted
Journeyman

After getting the Froyo OTA update this morning the phone has definitely improved.  GPS issues are gone after clearing Google Maps and removing the battery.  The Music UI is awesome.  Now u have an EQ as well as visualization.  When phone is placed in the Samsung Car Mount (which can be purchased at android central) or the Desk Mount the phone does goes into car mode or desk mode long as it's downloaded to the device from the Market.  Once entered into these modes the volume rocker is on the screen but there is still the possibility for the volume to increase or decrease when on the desk mount. In order to avoid that issue the phone has to be mounted just right.  Text messaging bubbles are similar to Handscent and the customizing is better.  My only issue is there is no music lock screen nor a music widget.  in order to get any you must download a 3rd party music app such as winamp/player pro etc.  Other then that there is no real issues.  The camera works better outdoors than indoors.  Another issue speaking of the camera is there is not a way to disable the GEO Tagging unless you turn off GPS I'm guessing.  Samsung and Sprint did a good job with the device.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe not 100% better, but few problems I had on Eclair disappeared and it looks like now I have more control over the phone...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup, totally 100%.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat