cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

Journeyman

Re: 2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

I never got OTA and they are now cancelling the upgrade..BEYOND PO'd  totaly a joke, unexecptable wow somebodies on drugs and we ALL now pay for it ...utter INCOMPETENCE

Journeyman

I've been checking for the update every day since 2/21, and still continue to receive the message that there is no update available. I don't understand the reason for coming up with a "random" time for release -- 9PM PST. As usual, Samsung has no clue as to why this time was chosen, and when asking @sprintcare on Twitter, they link back to the blog post with the release details.

Now I find out at Android Central, that the release has been pulled. I am very unhappy about this. SIX MONTHS to work on a release, then it finally gets announced and then three days later, its pulled. How long is it going to be this time before the updates come out again?

Journeyman

you should add to the update the following:

Video camera bug: When trying to record in low light conditions produces bad video and BLURRY.

we need a fix for this

Journeyman

This is why i went to samsung dled it from there and then installed it on my phone.  No issues what so ever.....i wonder how many of these phones with this"issue" have been rooted and how many haven't....oh well mine works great!!

Journeyman

Flashed the update last night using the UPDATE.ZIP from the Samsung site...and all *seems* good.  GPS now gets an almost immediate fix on satellites, and I got back my automatic portrait/landscape orientation switching (that went away when I tried DK28 then had to Odin back to DI18).  No problem accessing/viewing movies and photos on the SD Card either, and Flash looks good in the browser.  The update also did NOT knock out any apps or registration -- everything from Android market stayed intact as did all my email accounts.  BUT....it may be months before I see some other effect (not sure when I'd be shooting a video in low light next), which makes me very nervous that I have a device with some hidden problems.  For now, I'll avoid doing any Apps2SD...since that seems to be a hotspot for problems with this update.  Fingers crossed....though I very much empathize with everyone commiserating on this board!  The leaked DK28 caused me a lot of pain for the past 2 months, too...and there's no reason that a product like this should carry so much risk of problems everytime something is changed or updated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed.  Five samsung phones in a row, from Sprint.  No more. I brought my wife to Sprint and was going to bring more lines on.  No more.

The sales staff swore up and down when I plunked down hundreds of dollars on this phone that Froyo was ready to go for the Epic 4g and we would surely have it by end of September, end of october at the very latest.  sprint itself says it is coming out Dec 26, then it is "indefinite", supposedly so they can fix the quality concerns.

In this last period I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.   But what exactly were they doing for the last 2 months if the release is so bad they have to pull it after less then 3 whole days of availability?

As a sprint primiere customer I feel robbed.  So much for getting any kind of priority service.  I have to drive up for my brother's surgery next week and still won't have the simple ability to use voice dialing from a blue-tooth headset unless I buy a 50 dollar el cheapo phone using mid 2000s technology that apparently escapes the tech wizards at Google, Samsung and Sprint. 

I put Vlingo on my phone 4 months ago in the hopes that soon it would have some use to me, but no, no use whatsoever because a simple basic funcitionality was never enabled

This is simply and utterly ridiculous, and well below any standard   of treatment for a service we all pay a pretty penny or - for a service that we pay EXTRA every month for even though we can't use some of the most basic functions.

I have talked 3 of my friends out of Samsung phones.  There will be more. The bottom line is - they haven't delivered on their promises either direct or implied.  Time will tell if they pay any consequences for simply failing to deliver time and again.

Wizard

My Backup Pro (I believe it's called) on the Android Market is said to be a good app for backups.  And yes, it's always good to do a hard reset after an upgrade...seems to clear out some problems. 

Journeyman

I know a lot of people are upset, but I LOVE the new upgrade. I downloaded it myself from the samsung website. No problems for me so far. I can use a lot more app now. Thanks Samsung and Sprint.

Journeyman

The more I think about it if I was not travelling soon, I would be in demanding whatever refund they could give me and be done with Sprint.  yes I know it could cost a thousand dollars or more but I am simply sick of their failure to execute even when given ample opportunity.

I am beyond furious at the lies told by Sprint and their staff, and their failure to deliver on what few promises they weren't outright lying about. 

Journeyman

check this out:

http://current.com/14hk14c

Journeyman

The version from Samsung wouldn't be the same as the version from Sprint, right? I don't want to upgrade with samsung's version where I risk losing some support and functionality.    It is now the third day and I am getting worried.  What do I do if by 9:00pm Friday I haven't recieved the upgrade? Will the service centers be able to initiate it for me?

Journeyman

Also having problems with magnetometer\accelerometer.  Much slower to correct orientation following the EB13 upgrade.  Often, applications fail to open in the right orientation and have difficulty or delays in switching.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat