cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

Journeyman

I have two problems after update:

1.  Message LED notification light---it only blinks about 6 times when a call first comes in and then stops instead of continuing to blink until I turn on the phone.  (My Epic is brand new so I didn't use it before the update- which was done in the Sprint Store.)

2. Voice dialer doesn't work.

Thanks for any help.

Journeyman

Samsung clearly is not a software company by any means. Please hire back the software guys that wrote up the 2.1 Eclair on this phone! Stop the nonsense and get it together Samsung...

Unfortunatly, it was in my best interest to flash back to stock software. Stop looking like complete idiots and let XDA DEVELOPERS show you how to write software....Please!

Journeyman

I did the update through samsungs site and on the whole I'm pretty impressed.  I have some problems which are disappointing like the degraded video record and picture quality, Screen orientation when rotating the phone is slow and the checkerboading when pinch to zooming in the browser.  My experience though is that Sprint pretty much nailed it as far as my phone goes.  The browser is faster, more memory is freed, the wimax and 3g seems to be faster and more consistent, I had a problem with audio syncing with streaming video that seems to have been fixed, Sprint TV is a better experience, GPS is waaay better, and battery life is much better.

As I said on the whole im pretty impressed with the build.  Small things like the the loss of fluidness of the scrolling in the browser and when cycling through the applications make me mad but the pros outweigh the cons.  Please fix the video record though this phone took the most beautiful night time videos, as well as daytime.

Journeyman

When you re-release 2.2 for the Epic 4g can make these two changes.

1. Take the call log back to just calls only remove the text messge part.

2. Fix the screen from when you rotate it that the icons do not go away and then return.

What I can see you did a great job!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

heh the irony...I felt like I was one of the few that had no GPS problems with the stock phone.  Now that I've jumped the gun with the deprecated update, my GPS doesn't work :-D   Ok time to "down"grade to 2.1 for me.  I'd be happy to go with a 3rd party rom like Midnight but for the life of me I don't know where to start.  The stuff they're doing changes so fast I can't keep track of it.  And who knows what whole new area of problems that would bring.

still not sure why I'm paying $80 a month for all this LOL

Journeyman

SPICYICY33 wrote:

When you re-release 2.2 for the Epic 4g can make these two changes.

1. Take the call log back to just calls only remove the text messge part.

2.  Fix the screen from when you rotate it that the icons do not go away and then return

What I can see you did a great job!!

I concur on these two items, they are the 2 biggest ones that are frustrating.  I don't need to see my text traffic logs, just my 'ALL CALLS'.     In 2.1 it was perfect.    The icon delay after rotating is getting worse it seems.

I hope some developers or Sprint people are tracking this.   If there is a better place to put these suggestions could someone post that link?    Thanks in advance!

Journeyman

The way you guys are talking about this update, sounds like a weird update. I'm glad I didn't go with that. 

Journeyman

matt0023, visit androidcentral's Epic forum and you'll find tons of information about your inquiry. Hope it helps.

Journeyman

I dont get how you guys are having all these issues.  I followed Samsungs direction even the ones that seemed dumb and i haven't had any issue with mine nor have i seen these delays you guys are talking about.  Now for devil's advocate....(srry have to go there) did you guys have your phone's rooted/romed before and then went back to DI18 then to EB13?  If not then did you follow the instructions to the tee from Samsung not Sprints OTA?

Journeyman

Well I have to confirm those issues, I am having them all after the update and my phone was completetely stock. The most anoying of all is the evident decrease in pictue and video performance. My epic. is showing the delay also in the physical keyboard. Hope a fix is provided soon, I am not going back to ecair since I got the taste of flash. I have to admit that I will root it soon to se how it behaves and try the benefits of unlocked.

Lc

Journeyman

I believe they "want" to have issues [before and after] any update so they can complain. I believe people are in a hurry to see the results of the update that they sometimes skip a step (or two) that they don't realize until it's too late. This means they have to go through the whole thing over just to get it right.

I have no issues with my beautiful equipment since the day I got it (8/30/2010) and after I R&R'd 3 months ago. Everything works perfect and I cannot find anything to complain about. But, I would like to help people (who are new to the device) with usage/features that they have questions about.

However, my suggestion to those who didn't get the update right the first time, usually it works the second time. 

Journeyman

Re: 2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

Would you send me the link to these instructions, I haven't updated but you seem to have a handle on the way you did it! Thx! @blkdragon or robbie

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat