cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

Journeyman

Re: 2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

This might help! 

Journeyman

Hey thx sooo much!

Journeyman

You're welcome!

Just let me know how it goes for you 

Journeyman

I sure will!

Journeyman

So is this ever going to be released again OTA or are those of us with no other way to get it SOL?

Journeyman

if you're feeling lucky/adventurous, you can try the update.  

Someone posted this link earlier, and the direct URL on this page still works for downloading the update.zip from the Samsung website: 

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/how-to/update-samsung-galaxy-epic-4g-froyo-android-2-2-1/

edit: sorry, I'm confused (as usual)... I did a CWM patch this morning.  please pay to attention to my ramblings    except that yes, the link above does contain a valid update.zip link from the Samsung site.

Highlighted
Journeyman

matt0023,

When you say 'if your're feeling lucky', do you know if people have had problems with this download, or problems after they've installed it?  My phone is a stock Eclair and it works pretty well.  So I'm not looking for trouble, but I'm tempted to update my phone.  By the way do I need to understand your edit, because I don't.  What is a CWM patch?

arewin

Journeyman

well I had some mixed results with it, CWM is ClockWorkMod and I was trying to regain root access to my phone.  What I think I ended up doing was installing some DK28 components too.  But now I've followed this page: 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=773032  and used the EB13 tarball with Odin.  Now things seem to be working pretty well.  It wiped out my app data but I'm not too worried about it.

If you're not comfortable hacking around on your phone, I would just wait it out.  Seems like the big wait is over and SamSprint are close to releasing a decent update.

Journeyman

You did pretty much correctly. However, I would recommend backing up your data before cleaning any caches. That way you can put it back after updating. I guess that's why most of the members lose their stuff and are upset. 

Journeyman

For all of you who decided not to update to Froyo and you want Flash 10.1 content to show on your phone, just download the skyfire browser @

http://www.skyfire.com/

It displays Flash for devices with Android 2.0 and up and it updates when flash updates, and it's FREE!!!

Journeyman

Also, for All who have not updated to Froyo, It's my opinion that Sprint isn't gonna fix this issue, so if you haven't at least tried the update I suggest that you do, the worst thing that can happen is you just revert back to the stock OS. If you're expecting Sprint to fix anything, don't hold your breath. I updated my phone and It works pretty good, the only issues I have are with the camera, it's works but I've noticed a huge quality difference in the pictures and the video. Also if I try to use Sport mode on my camera it forces the camera to close. Everything else works 2x better than before. Good thing I don't really use my camera that much but to someone else it could be a real issue, and technically it should be fixed but I don't think they're gonna do it. Just my opinion -- I hope they do though

Journeyman

Matt0023,

Thanks for the feedback.  As you correctly guessed I am not comfortable hacking around with my phone.  I went to the xda link, but there are not any pictures that I can follow!  So I'll have to wait.  Thanks again.

arewin

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat