cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

Journeyman

@ mediaman00,

Can you tell me what Flash 10.1 is? Not sure if mine is working. I have the EB13 that I manual downloaded from Samsung. Can you tell me a site that I can go check and see if it's working.

Journeyman

@robbiedoo2001 - Can you explained to me what is ROM and what do it do to your phone?

Journeyman

SPICYICY33, I believe ROM is a read only memory. I don't know if anyone else has a different explanation. You need to Root your phone in order to take control of your ROM and everything else on your phone. This gives you a choice of what you wanna do with your phone (since it's your phone). 

Journeyman

Samsung Epic is nice especially with the updates.

Journeyman

@robbiedoo2001 - I'm going to have to check it out on youtube and see what it give you. I'm not a big computer person so I might not mess with it. I just hear people talking about it so much.

Journeyman

If you guys cant find the update, here are some mirrors:

Epic4G_FroyoUpgrade_EB13.exe (200.73 MB)

The EB13.exe will wipe your whole phone so be prepared to lose it all.   This will give you full instructions as you go through the process. It's   like an ODIN for dummies. This method can be used to go from any   version of android whether its stock or not or DI18 or DK28.

update.zip (91.14 MB)

The update.zip will need to be placed on the root of the SD card. You will need to be coming from stock DI18.

You will need to do the three finger salute to be able to use the update.zip.

From there you should be able to find an option that lets you choose an   update.zip file. (Haven't been on stock in so long i forget what  exactly  is there.)

Journeyman

Below are the issues I have had since my phone updated over-the-air. I have not rooted or installed any custom ROMs or firmware.

- Google Calendar stopped synchronizing once updated until I  cleared all the data in Calendar and Calendar Storage under Manage  Applications

- The auto-rotation is super  sensitive. It coule be me  but every time I open an app it immediately  switches to landscape even  though I'm holding it upright. I never  experienced this before the update. I ended up disabling the function.

- About  half the time when I exit apps using the back button I get a single  vibration then soon after three quick vibrations. I have not been able  to determine what this means.

- Three times since the update I have found my phone has shut itself off (not low battery related).

And one thing that is not really a problem but more of an annoyance: I added a Folder Shortcut for Starred Contacts to my Home Screen as a way to quickly call people I dial the most. When I click on the folder it opens a window on my Home Screen listing my starred contacts and I can select the person, then select the number I want to call. Before the update I could end the call and go back to my Home Screen and the starred contacts windows was automatically gone. Now since the update when I go back to the Home Screen the window is still there and I have to close it myself.

Journeyman

Try to lower the Sensitivity and see what happens. And, if you really don't need the vibrations get rid of them. Vibrations are only good for other "personal" equipments

Journeyman

Ok so I did the update using the update.zip file. I wiped the phone and reformatted the sd card for good measure as well. As of Tuesday I have been having the following problems. My wife tried calling me but it would send her straight to voicemail..a few other friends experienced this as well. Text messages were extremely delayed...I would get messages my wife would send me maybe an hour after the fact and they would all come at once. (using handcent). I reformatted the sd card again last night and its been ok but wife and family calling will go to voicemail and then on the second try get through. Has anyone else had any issues like this. Could anyone help? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

just root and get midnight ROM and be done with it. 

Journeyman

HELP!!  I am getting an error message TwLauncher (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again.

MY PHONE DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Journeyman

Re: 2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

Factory reset will get you back to normal unfortunately.

1. If your phone is simply not responding, shut the phone down.

2. Hold the power,camera and volume down buttons at the same time till you get the recovery screen.

3. Select reset.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat