cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

Journeyman

Re: 2/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - EB13 (Android 2.2)

Thank you for the Update.zip link!! The second link worked for me, clicked on rapidshare download tab then downloaded and installed today. Haven't had any problems. My phone is only 2weeks old though.

Here are the instructions on how to update your phone using the update.zip link. Credit goes to androidcentral.com for the links and instructions!

Manual "update.zip" method:

(This will NOT ERASE your data)

Download Link :

http://www.multiupload.com/09AW9GF72Z

This is done via stock recovery. Further explanation below.

- You need to be on stock Eclair 2.1 (DI18)

- Download the update.zip file

- Place it on your root directory of your sdcard

- Boot into stock recovery mode (press and hold volume down+camera+power for a few seconds)

- Select "apply sdcard:update.zip" (You navigate by using volume up/down & select by hitting home key)

- Sit back and wait for the update to finish and your phone will reboot into EB13 Froyo!

Journeyman

gradywr & JDIG4240

Confused  about which file to use to get to Froyo from stock Eclair unrooted.  At BriefMobile.com http://briefmobile.com/how-to-update-your-samsung-epic-4g-to-official-eb13-android-2-2-1# the instructions are to download and put the 'update.zip' file on to the SD card and then use Recovery mode to apply the 'update.zip'.  Where/ is the 09AW9GF722 file used, and how?

I went to the link and there are 6 options for downloading the 09AW9GF722 file.  I assume that they are all the same, right?

Thanks,

arewin

Journeyman

This did not work for my calendar to sync on Epic with my exchange calendar!  I did the clearing of data then uncheck then check again a million times- NO CHANGE....HELP!  I just want to be able to view my calendar again on the device that did let me at one time!  Thanks to anyone who has a solution!  Please let me know! 

Journeyman

This is a post in response to another post so there is only partial information needed to perform the upgrade. Please refer to post #317 and #324 as well as this post. Should be everything you need..

I read the instructions from that website and they are basically the same instructions I posted here yesterday

*Some people have had problems with their data and calenders after this update which is why sprint and samsung halted it in the first place. Use it at your own risk.*

#1: If you haven't done so, you need to install the samsung USB driver into your computer so that it can comunicate with your phone.  You can find it at samsungs website: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SPH-D700ZKASPR

#2: once you have done that, download the update.zip file and save it to your computer. When you click on the link it will take you to a website and from there I clicked on the one that says "Rapidshare" at the top of the page, that will take you to another page with two options, click the "slow download" tab unless you feel like signing up to that website. It only took me 12minutes to download the file using the "slow" method.

#3: Plug your phone into the computer using the USB cable that came with the phone (Your charger without the wall outlet end on it)

#4: You need to use windows explorer to view your availible drives and you will see your phone listed (Example: My drives were labeled C:, D:, E:, F:  and F: drive was my phone.)

#4a: When you select the drive that is your phone you will know your in the right place if you see a bunch of file folders and one will be named android. You place the Update.zip into the phone at that point. DO NOT place the update.zip into any of the folders that are listed.

Once you have done all of this, continue with the instructions listed earlier and you should be fine. It took about 3 minutes for the program to run and then the phone rebooted and then it sat at the "Samsung Galaxy S" screen for another couple minutes while it finished loading and then came up. It's been 2days and haven't had any of the issues that people have reported, then again my phone was only 2 weeks old.

-Wes

Journeyman

I can't get my exchange calendar to sync with my Epic since Froyo 2.2 update!  HELP!  I have tried the clear data then uncheck then check...still isn't working!  HELP! PLEASE~

Journeyman

When I click on the link to samsung it takes me to the digital file of the user manual. There isn't a link to the update.zip file.

Journeyman

gradywr,

Did you wipe/reset your phone before you updated the phone?  With a new phone you probably don't have much to backup, I don't either.  But I just don't want/need something else to do.

Journeyman

I have done this several times. I have had the phone since Dec 2010, did the froyo update last Wednesday.

Journeyman

kimberlyjalexander,

Were you answering my post?  Your two posts before this last one are about troubles you are having after updating.  Are you saying you've reset/wiped and updated to Froyo several times, but are still having problems?

arewin

Journeyman

yes, I have reset the phone then did the Froyo update & still have issues with my exchange calendar syncing with my Epic. There is an app that is not letting me clear the data, the Calendar sync adapter version 2.2.1 I can't clear the cache, everything is grayed out except the force stop.         

Journeyman

Kimberlyjalexander

I thought that doing a factory reset would wipe the phone of all apps & data.  I've been trying to get the courage to do the manual update because I wouldn't have to backup & restore.

See post #14 here http://androidforums.com/samsung-epic-4g/295607-any-thoughts-whether-ota-froyo-still-coming.html

recommending backing up the phone then a hard/factory reset before updating.  Although other posters have not had problems only using the update.zip to get to Froyo.  Being indecisive, I'm still 'thinking'.  Plus I don't think Froyo fixes the need to toggle Airport mode and kill DRM, and I'm sure it won't fix my compass, which has never been right.

Have you had some of the other Froyo bugs listed in the various forums?

thanks

arewin

Journeyman

No, using the update.zip should not wipe your phone. I had about 20 apps, contacts and such already in the phone. I do not use my calender except for maybe birthdays. I performed the upgrade and everything transfered, nothing was missing and I didn't have any issues.

-Wes

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat