Found this on slashnet.com.
ABy Rue Liu on Fri Mar 18th, 2011 Samsung Epic 4G owners have been stuck without the Android 2.2 Froyo update that was promised but halted almost a month ago. But now it appears that Sprint and Samsung have worked things out and the OTA updates will resume starting Monday. Sprint’s first attempt to update the Epic 4G to Android 2.2 Froyo was plagued with various problems including messing up data connectivity and impairing access to media stored on the SD card. The only solution for many Epic 4G owners was to do a hard reset, which wiped out all their data. The new update coming this Monday, March 21, will bring Epic 4G devices up to Android Froyo 2.2.1 EC05 and the entire process may take the whole week to finish as updates are rolled out in batches over-the-air. If you are an Epic 4G owner needing the update, be sure to backup everything first![ via Android Community]
So today, March 20, 2011 I speak with 2 seperate sprint reps.
First at *2 regarding why the "sprint premier" page is always down for maintenance. He tells me they have been having issues for near 2 months. Interesting that Sprint claims to offer rewards, yet doesnt allow access to see what they may be. Im sure once they implement the Gold/SIlver program, the page will be up and going only to find out that rewards not used before the change are no longer valid! Im sure there will be an apology for this..but tough luck!
Secondly I spoke to a store (via phone) regarding the Froyo update. He was quick to tell me that the update will be automaticly done sometime during the next 4 days. After reading many, many posts about the lack of an update, I dont think I should be holding my breath.
This has been my experience with my Epic and synchronizing with Exchange:
I was synching my Google account and my company e-mail and calendar on my stock Epic just fine. Then my company upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. I could no longer synchronize anything with Exchange. Then the Epic 2.2 update was released and I was hopeful it would fix my issue with Exchange but it did not. The update did introduce a new issue for me where my Google calendar no longer synchronized. After searching I found a post where someone said to go into Manage Applications and look at the "All" tab. There he said to hit the "Clear data" button for Calendar and Calendar Storage. After doing that and unchecking and rechecking calendar synchronization, I was all set with my Google calendar but no change with Exchange. I went back to the "All" tab in Manage Applications and found "Email" in the list. I did a clear data on that and when I went back into Email it was prompting me to setup my Exchange account again. I went through the wizard and everything worked fine.
I saw in your previous posts you have tried clearing the data for the Calendar items but I didn't see that you have specifically tried Email. I would suggest trying the Clear data button on that item.