Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05
- Upgrade of the Google OS from Éclair to Froyo (2.2.1)
- Ability to install applications to external storage
- Improved Bluetooth device support
- Bluetooth Voice Dialing
- Flash Player 10.1
- Improved OS performance
- many others...
- GPS Enhancements
- Email PIN based authentication
- User friendly tethering for 3G and 4G
- Sprint ID
- Software version is: S:D700.0.5S.EC05
- Devices with software versions DI18 and EB13 will receive the update first. See the
- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days. Devices
on releases other than DI18 or EB13 may take longer to receive the update.
- Refer to the Samsung Epic Maintenance Release blog for install instructions
- Refer to this thread for more Epic specific information on Sprint ID
UPDATE 3/28: The EB13 to EC05 rollout is hitting devices now!
Added info regarding older software releases: dshoem01
Timing for EB13: dshoem01
Message was edited by: dshoem01
3.) Download 10.2 from the market. It's free and only takes a few seconds.
Technology is amazing!
If only there was a way to click a button and have this message transmitted all the way across the internet for others to see...
I think they do it at night to keep from overloading the sytems. I am going to expect it on the last day. So if it comes sooner I will be suprised. Ofcourse if they make the file available I will do it myself. That is how I got froyo.
I did it both ways. Got the OTA at 3:20 AM on 2/22. Ended up doing the OTW about one week later. I hope this goes as smooth. I will have my Epic and my son's Transform updated this go round.
Can you tell me if any of these two fixs are in the release? Or is it a place to see what small change was made. Is there a way to go check out Sprint ID?
- auto rotating icon will disappear.
- removal of the text message inside of the call log.
The update will place the Sprint ID launcher on your device. If you don't want to use Sprint ID, just don't click the launcher. See the thread I referenced in 'Important Notes' for more info on Sprint ID.
OTA (over the air) updates are only available to certain previous releases. Sprint is working to provide an update to all previous releases for those on older versions. Once that's available, I'll post a message about it.
I'm checking on those fixes for you.
Auto rotate icon - I'm not seeing an auto rotate icon issue. However, from my personal experience, the screen orientation (landscape to portrait or back) is extremely slow with EB13. I'm hoping this will be fixed!
Text messages appearing in log - I believe this is a new feature as opposed to a bug. Definitely will take some time to get used to.
The Sprint ID community would be a good place to visit to learn more about Sprint ID. There are links to other sources of info there too. You can access it here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/services/sprint_id