cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Journeyman

He was trying to help man... I stopped waiting for Sprint a long time ago...

Journeyman

I was told by a sprint customer service rep that the actually updates wont start till Thursday.

Journeyman

I read something similar in the xda forums... That some reps are saying that the update was pushed back to the 24... I just wonder why we have to find this info from other websites? Shouldn't this forum be the first place where the info comes out and not the other way around?

Journeyman

What does it say that I find that so typical of this company. Lie upfront so they look good at their conference today and play us like the fools they obviously think we are.

Journeyman

True im so ashamed of sprint/samsung right now this is the second time sprint/samsung let me down the first was with the Samsung Instinct (iphone killer) what a joke!!!!! cant wait for this new Evo 3D F##k Samsung!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Maybe Sprint thinks that their customers are simple and uninformed, which is why they are feeding us the corperate consumer stuff that is sprint ID, and that few people knew there was an update rolling out to begin with. This is irritating, I don't understand why they don't put up an .exe or let samsung do so. From what I gather the .exe was more successful than the ota when they pushed out EB13. What gives Sprint, do you read your forums, can't you please post an announcement somewhere?

Journeyman

i porque  sprint no manda el update para todos lo telefono porque tiene ke durar tando pa poner eso  dios mio

Journeyman

@ CBERRIOS11 - see... the devs over on XDA, and AndroidCentral (my usual home, although i'm active on both) actually CARE about the people using their software. Sprint doesn't. hence the difference. When a dev over there gets info leaked to them, they tell us what they know. keep their users in the loop. its how they have such a big following (that, and they consistantly put out stable, reliable, fun, and great preforming software updates. Again unlike Sprint). I would never expect to find anything out about an update or software release from Sprint on here before XDA/AC. Just won't happen.

Wizard

The exe file from Samsung for EB13 caused similar problems as the OTA update.  Some are having problems with that software version regardless of how they updated.  I completely understand everyone's desire for an OTW file.  For most folks on this forum, it is much cleaner, however there are many customers using these devices that aren't as technically savvy and just want it automatically installed.

I'm not too concerned at this point but if no one on this forum receives the update tomorrow, I'll be pushing to find out what's going on.  I'm hearing it's just being rolled out slowly and that the majority of devices will receive it on the 3rd and 4th days. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

The exe file from Samsung for EB13 caused similar problems as the OTA update.  Some are having problems with that software version regardless of how they updated.  I completely understand everyone's desire for an OTW file.  For most folks on this forum, it is much cleaner, however there are many customers using these devices that aren't as technically savvy and just want it automatically installed.

I'm not too concerned at this point but if no one on this forum receives the update tomorrow, I'll be pushing to find out what's going on.  I'm hearing it's just being rolled out slowly and that the majority of devices will receive it on the 3rd and 4th days. 

Thank you for shedding some light on the situation.

Journeyman

Yea please ask dude. It's 12:29am EST on 3/23/11 and I haven't gotten any update, message, alert etc.

Journeyman

Thank you for the status update. Please keep us posted if anything changes or you recieve more news.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat