cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Journeyman

Here's another cheap shot.  It's not the communication or lack thereof.  It's the quality of what is being communicated.  And right now no-one from Sprint, dshoem1 or whatever included is saying anything of quality.  NOT ONE PERSON in any of the communities I've seen can produce a stock phone that has been upgraded.  NOT ONE. 

Answer this Sprint with a concrete (non rehearsed, non boilerplate) response if you can I DARE YOU.

1. WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THE EC05 UPDATE? 

2. DOES IT EVEN EXIST? 

3. IF IT DOES ON WHAT DATE (FORMAT MM/DD/YYYY) WILL MOST USERS HAVE IT ON THEIR PHONES?

And if you do summon up enough courage to answer this, 4. WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOUR ANSWER TURNS OUT TO BE FALSE? AGAIN?

Journeyman

Im on my stock DI18 funny when I got this phone yesterday I ask the sale rep at the store to up date my software before I leave the store. I should have been more clear but I wasnt my fault... But im sure he couldnt update it to ec05 if it dont exist! Haaaaaa

Journeyman

Maybe it's out of sequence that's why it wasn't successful. I believe you need to move DI18-DG28-EB13-EC05.

Wizard

The first post says "Devices with software versions DI18 and EB13 will receive the update" to EC05, so I don't think the sort of complete update path you gave is required.

Journeyman

Re: 3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Well, I heard someone saying (somewhere else) that you need to go from DI18 to DG28 before you can move on to others. This was an information I wanted to pass onto you guys in case you encounter issues.

Journeyman

3/23/11 10:58am EST and still no update for me. I let you guys no if anything happens but d---. Where the f--- is my Froyo update?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still nothing here either.... Why is it so bad to be open with us Sprint?

Journeyman

robbiedoo2001 wrote:

Well, I heard someone saying (somewhere else) that you need to go from DI18 to DG28 before you can move on to others. This was an information I wanted to pass onto you guys in case you encounter issues.

DG28 is an older ver than DI18.  You will have to be on DI18 or EB13 before you can get to EC05

I believe the correct progression is DG17, DG28, DI07, DI18, EB13 or EC05

If you have DG17 OR DG28  you will have to do multiple upgrades, Like DG17 upgrade to DI07 then upgrade again to DI18 before you can do the EC05 upgrade.

Message was edited by: RSPC

Journeyman

You guys have to remember that there are 3 devices being updated and the epic update may not roll until the transform and the galaxy tab updates are out. So everyone relax!!

Journeyman

Thank you RSPC. They have so many versions you lose track

Have you updated to EC05 yet?

Journeyman

In Richmond, VA and still haven't received update.  My manual update works on and off (sometimes I get errors on update to firmware, prl, and profile)

Journeyman

robbiedoo2001 wrote:

Thank you RSPC. They have so many versions you lose track

Have you updated to EC05 yet?

LOL I know what you mean.  No "OTA" EC05 around here yet either.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat