cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Journeyman

Re: 3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

I actually updated mine to EB13 when it was released earlier on the Samsung website. Here is my current issue:

My current version: SSmiley Very Happy700.0.5S.EB13

New Version: SSmiley Very Happy700.0.5S.EC05

When I go to Update Android it says: Your system is currently up to date

Additional Issues:

• If I try to update my Firmware, PRL or Profile:
  • Msg: An error occured while tring to update your Firmware (Profile or PRL). Please try again later. If the problem persists. please contact customer care. Error: Unknown Error
Wizard

SAMWISE7,

In response to your questions...

1. WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THE EC05 UPDATE?  No problem that I've been made aware of...just a slower rollout than anticipated

2. DOES IT EVEN EXIST?  yes

3. IF IT DOES ON WHAT DATE (FORMAT MM/DD/YYYY) WILL MOST USERS HAVE IT ON THEIR PHONES? Depends  on whether users install it when it's pushed to their phones.  Barring  any issues (such as devices on older releases, etc.) users should  receive it by 3/25 and be able to install it on their devices. 

And if you do summon up enough courage to answer this, 4. WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOUR ANSWER TURNS OUT TO BE FALSE? AGAIN? I'll do my best, AGAIN, to provide you with whatever information I have. 

Thanks,

Desi

Journeyman

When I talked to Sprint Tier 2 Tech Support yesterday; since everything involving data, calling, and texting is working; he said that this error everyone is getting is likely on their (Sprint's) end and not the customer.  So I was told not to worry and if there was a problem, he was going to call me back and he did not.  Today, when I try Update Firmware, I get "No software update blah blah blah...." I noticed that if I check it again later, it would give me the error again.  I think too many people are checking and overloading the server.  Just my opinion guys -- not official.  I don't work for sprint.  I am in the medical field.

Journeyman

@ dshoem01 Thanks for the update!

Wizard

TWALLING05 & COMCOSTA,

Appreciate your comments.  I am, however, the easy target around hereSmiley Happy 

Journeyman

I got the same error, also! Why are we paying for the epic 4g for a higher price than iphone 4 - there is still no update? It's has been 7 months that I have the epic 4g and there is no flash content 10.1 - Samsung phone is just another b.s.

Journeyman

Hang in there desi, we really appreciate your forthright honest communication. It needs to be stated that the resposnibility of the "upgrade quality control" rests on Sammy and Google.

Sprint is merely the carrier of the infrstructure and they are at the mercy of Sammy and Google. They are probably pushing both of them hard because it does Sprints customer relation no good to have this hanging over them for one phone. 

Checking for the update will do no good. The update is being "pushed" to the phones which means you will be notified when it is available for your phone.

Journeyman

RSPC, as soon as it comes up - do it!

For some reason I think with this EC05 my battery is gonna last "forever"

It's been 24 hours since I charged the phone and I still have 22% left.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got a system update for mine about 30 minutes ago.

I am now SSmiley Very Happy700.0.5S.EC05

FROYO.EC05

So far I noticed that text messages appear in call log

Text message is now in chat message format which I am not sure I like

Music Player changed to add the album covers

Sprint ID available as well

No problems as of yet

Journeyman

Is this the same as the one that was on the Samsung site. I downloaded it and have the files saved on my PC. I see that it's not on the Samsung site anymore.

Should I install this or wait?

Journeyman

It looks like it is rolling out now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat