cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Journeyman

Ilacquas1 wrote:

I just got a system update for mine about 30 minutes ago.

I am now S:D700.0.5S.EC05

FROYO.EC05

So far I noticed that text messages appear in call log

Text message is now in chat message format which I am not sure I like

Music Player changed to add the album covers

Sprint ID available as well

No problems as of yet

FINALLY! Someone has FROYO! -Hoping you are not troll- haha.

Journeyman

I believe a lot of people already got it and some were happy with it (meaning, reporting none or minimal problems). 

Journeyman

If they took it off their site it means there was an issure reported. So my suggestion would be not to update. Just wait for the final confirmation or Sprint update (OTA or OTW)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

LEXAPRO2112 wrote:

Is this the same as the one that was on the Samsung site. I downloaded it and have the files saved on my PC. I see that it's not on the Samsung site anymore.

Should I install this or wait?

It was never on the Samsung site. EB13 was the only one on Samsung put out as an OTW so far. EC05 is strictly OTA at this point. People please get your facts in line. The only thing Samsung had for EC05 was the source code.

Journeyman

ZeroLT1 wrote:

LEXAPRO2112 wrote:

Is this the same as the one that was on the Samsung site. I downloaded it and have the files saved on my PC. I see that it's not on the Samsung site anymore.

Should I install this or wait?

It was never on the Samsung site. EB13 was the only one on Samsung put out as an OTW so far. EC05 is strictly OTA at this point. People please get your facts in line. The only thing Samsung had for EC05 was the source code.

You beat me to it. Yes you are correct EC05 OTW has not been available for download yet. The one that was there was EB13 from last month.

Journeyman

Ok thanks I see that the update I downloaded was.   Epic 4g Froyo upgrade EB13 tool.  Thanks, Bobby

Journeyman

Its starting people the UPDATES are starting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Someone on XDA form said he just finish doing OTA update and he has ec05... Its not clear if its valid, but time will tell.

Journeyman

Has anyone who has received the EC05 update checked to see if the video recording problems seen with EB13 have been fixed?

Journeyman

What exactly happens when the update comes into the phone?  Do we get a message to accept/deny - is it automatic?

Journeyman

I would wait, the one from the Samsung site is EB13 and it sucks!

Wait for EC05 to be pushed to your phone.

Journeyman

Just got a message about Sprint ID coming soon. Hopefully this means the update will arrive shortly..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat