Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Journeyman

Journeyman

I also received the Sprint ID text message yesterday afternoon (3/22/11) and I'm also in California, but am still waiting for the OTA update.

I'm being patient though; just posting this in case it helps to discover a pattern.

Journeyman

Re: 3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Here it is EC05! http://www.fileserve.com/file/HNgGRGQ

Dl18 only tho

Journeyman

Something to try!   I've been told by sprint tech 2 manager's manager & the repair store that they are doing manual update to ec05!!!!   Don't. Know if true or not but worth a shot. I'm off to work so can't check for myself so plz if it does happen to work out for anyone plz let the rest of us know for sure!   Good luck to all!!!!!

Journeyman

I also got the message, but when I tried to update android, i got the system up to dat message.

Thanks again for the link...downloaded the file...got EC05...up and running too!! It did take a few tries, but I would like to add the better step-by-step instructions (once you download the file) are at:

http://androidforums.com/2469317-post39.html

Things I noticed so far:

1. Gmail email passwords have to be reset, you will get an error message when phone reboots after installation
  2. Phone takes a while to reboot, just be patient
  3. Install does not wipe phone...nothing was lost in the install (except read emails I had on the phone that are from my website email account, not from a gmail account. Looks like the phone syncs these emails like gmail now).
  4. If you like sprint ID's, I guess you will have to download them, none on phone
  5. Settings a little different & have color icons
  6. Menus different
  7. Screen orientation appears to react quicker
Journeyman

where the hell is the update from EB13 to EC05?

Journeyman

I have DI 18 and still haven't gotten any updates..............

Journeyman

Sprint id is one of the wrost thing to ever do to a 4g phone...I believe the epic is better than the evo but now with sprint id that is going to change because its going to make the phone run slower so I wish I could uninstall sprint id from my phone but of course I can't do that.  Now I might have to switch to the evo because for the moment they don't have sprint id

chrisoc07 wrote:

Sprint id is one of the wrost thing to ever do to a 4g phone...I believe the epic is better than the evo but now with sprint id that is going to change because its going to make the phone run slower so I wish I could uninstall sprint id from my phone but of course I can't do that.  Now I might have to switch to the evo because for the moment they don't have sprint id

You don't have to use it and unless you open the app it won't ever do anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Grrrr... I have yet to receive a txt or an message for DL.  I never even received the one for last month.  What a downer... 

Just curios... those that have received your updates when did you purchase your EPIC?  I got mine in Novemeber... so I'm thinking I may be last at this point...

Journeyman

As far as the sprint ID goes, for the basic user it will be great.  It will turn ur droid into a better than iphone look alike  all setup and easy to use with not much thought or knowledge  but if u domt want I suggest downloading launcher pro home screen replacement  it has a tab in setting (hidden apps)  u'll never even s it n ur app tray!  Not to mention that it's btter than stock and pobably better than most dev root roms!  Everthing is changeable, u an even create ur own widgets thru it if u have the now how!  It worth ur time if u haven't tried it!  Even if u do get stuck ith the ID's how could u go from EPIC to evo? No way

Journeyman

Anyone notice missing ringtones and notification sounds  after the update to EC05?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat