Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Journeyman

I got my OTA.

Journeyman

do not got a update im never buying a samsung phone again i havent got a notifacation or anything saying i have a software update

Journeyman

man im bout to say fuck sprint in the morning going to verizon this is bullshit i called yesterday dude sent me the ota iin my phone didnt reseve it pissed off then they told me to go to the sprint store all it is in fayetteville nc is 3d party sprint stores i dont even know where to get the update zip from or nothing so right now im leaving sprint cuz this some bullshit almost 4 years with sprint in i pay all this money & they say they cant send or i cant receive 2.2 for my epic

Highlighted
Journeyman

One thing I noticed is I got my update not too long after I turned on some Expiry reminder setting....

I got my update shortly after I turned it on. Its in Menu>Settings>About Phone>Legal Information>Licence Settings> then check the box on top that says Expiry reminder.

Not sure if it was just random or if it helped though.

Journeyman

My wife's Epic has the EB13 update from last month, but we used the UPDATE.ZIP off Samsung's site because our OTA never showed up from Sprint.  Looks like the same thing this time - no OTA for EC05...and it's early Friday morning.  Has ANYONE who already had EB13 received the OTA for EC05??

Also noticed another problem this week.  None of the manual update options (Update Firmware, Update Profile, Update PRL) seem to work at all.  I keep getting the "An error occurred while trying to update....  If the problem persists, please call customer care." message when trying to do any of these updates.  Is this related to being stuck on EB13?  I've never had problems updating the PRL until now!

Any help or insights appreciated... and where can we go to get the manual UPDATE.ZIP for EC05?

Journeyman

I got my update and I'm not happy, I have no way to access my bookmarks and the connection sucks! I want the old version back! This is also SLOWER!!!! Even going through my apps its very slow.

Journeyman

Bring up the browser and hit the stop X in top right corner then hit the Star that comes up in the same box at top right, and your bookmarks will pull down.

Journeyman

Got the OTA EC05 upgrade from Sprint this morning, 3/24. Time: 7:50am EST Location: Indiana  Previous Release: DI18.  Release installation successful however I cannot connect to the Sprint network to make phone calls, receive emails, etc. Think twice before you accept the installation. Trying to figure out how to connect to the Sprint network now. I guess I didn't realize that the "Ready Row" slogan doesn't apply to upgrade releases. All this time awaiting and end up with a failed implementation twice. Unacceptable by any standard.

Journeyman

Amen !!!!

Journeyman

Wow REALLY, more troubles with this update Sprint get your S**T togather. Or at least let me out of my contract with no termination for the lies I've been told 4G and Froyo so I can got to another company or platform.

Journeyman

Flash back to DI18 or factory reset the phone and use the ota/otw link

We posted last night. The only issue I had was logging back into Gmail.

I had to lot into it via Google.com in the browser to get it to take

my password. That and the Android keyboard dictionary is non existent.

I'm now using gingerbread keyboard and the Steven Lyn android

2.3 launcher. Phone is flawless now. Went from 2.1 benchmark of 933

To 2.2 blazing in at 1120 on quadrant.

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_d700/5f372cb40834.update-SPH-D700_DI18...

Journeyman

I got the texting to work and can make phone calls now however no such luck with a wireless data connection though. Wi-fi seems to be working now as well. Still working on data connection functionality. Restarted several times and each time I new connection function seems to start working. Go figure!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat