Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Highlighted
Wizard

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Upgrade of the Google OS from Éclair to Froyo (2.2.1)

- Ability to install applications to external storage

- Improved Bluetooth device support

- Bluetooth Voice Dialing

- Flash Player 10.1

- Improved OS performance

- many others...

- GPS Enhancements

- Email PIN based authentication

- User friendly tethering for 3G and 4G

- Sprint ID

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D700.0.5S.EC05

- Devices with software versions DI18 and EB13 will receive the update first.  See the

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release Blog  or this thread for information on updating from older

software versions. 

- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days.  Devices

on releases other than DI18 or EB13 may take longer to receive the update. 

- Refer to the Samsung Epic Maintenance Release blog for install instructions

- Refer to this thread for more Epic specific information on Sprint ID 

UPDATE 3/28: The EB13 to EC05 rollout is hitting devices now!

Added info regarding older software releases: dshoem01

Timing for EB13:  dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

1,142 REPLIES 1,142
Highlighted
Journeyman

I think it will come when it comes.  I had a VERY old build.  They updated my phone every day, slowly moving to today when I got the newest EC05 build. 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I have the update, but not sure.  This is what I posted earlier...

I just traded my Transform for an  Epic this past Monday.  It came with 2.2 loaded, but when I go to update  Firmware, PRL, and profile it states: Unable to update,please try again  later. Error: Unknown error.  Is this something I should be concerned  about? I don't notice anything funky about this phone and I am able to  transfer apps to my SD card.

This is what I have:

Firmware: 2.2.1

Baseband s:D700.05S.EB13

Kernal 2.6.32.9

Build Number FROYO.EB13

Hardware D700.0.5

Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you 4theEpic!...But I am not tech savvy at all, I really wouldn't begin to know how to do it. I read your earlier post with instructions but I didn't even understand what some of the terminology was that you used, i.e. root to sd card, etc., so I'm afraid I'd be at a loss. I also don't know how to back up things and I don't want to lose not one single thing, especially my text messages.

Edited to add: I'm on DI18 stock Epic.

Highlighted
Wizard

Right, and because the update.zip that is out is only available for DI18 users, EB13 users have to either wait or somehow downgrade their phone back to DI18 in order to apply the update manually.  I wish they'd put up an EB13 to EC05 update.zip.  Then I could update manually right now and end this waiting for the OTA push.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still waiting for my update.... stock Epic 4G.  I've downloaded and updated apps from the Market in the past 4 days (including today).   How, exactly does the download work?  Am I notified that something needs to be downloaded?  Do I have to confirm the download?  Is it done automatically?  It would help if Sprint would give us some of this information so I know what to look for.  The update process was so much smoother with the Palm Pre.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You have the version that was pulled last month .. ec05 is what you want.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I did the update.zip install. Everything went great. There were a couple og GUI changes that I'll have to get used to but the one bug I have now is that autocorrect and auto punctuation in the keyboard prefs don't work. Hitting the space bar twice doesn't place a period and hitting the space bar also fails to enter to suggested word. The dictionary is not even close to what it was before this updat.

The only other loss is the samsung widgets are no longer an option.

Is anyone else having these isues?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok. So I'm on the waiting game too.  I got a message that my phone was up to date and then when I ran the firmware again it stated an error.  I guess I wait like everyone else.  How am I able to save to SD card though? I thought this was a recent release?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kapuku71, what state are you in?

When I spoke to one of the Sprint reps I was given the now infamous statement that it's "coming in waves."

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just be patient, it will come.

Highlighted
Journeyman

NY.

It's just annoying bc I don't know what to look for and they said that 100% of the phones would be hit with the OTA as of today.

Highlighted
Journeyman

awww, but its sooo hard to wait. I feel like a kid doing that funny knees-together dance while waiting in line to use the restroom. How do I check my status with the Google servers? my market works fine so I guess I'm good. I've tried to update my profile as some people said that helped them, but still recieve the "unknown error" for any of the updates for PRL Profile and Firmware. I guess the updates really are random and not location based... waiting in Wilmington NC @ 2:00pm, no text or other notifications of any kind yet.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat