Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Highlighted
Wizard

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Upgrade of the Google OS from Éclair to Froyo (2.2.1)

- Ability to install applications to external storage

- Improved Bluetooth device support

- Bluetooth Voice Dialing

- Flash Player 10.1

- Improved OS performance

- many others...

- GPS Enhancements

- Email PIN based authentication

- User friendly tethering for 3G and 4G

- Sprint ID

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D700.0.5S.EC05

- Devices with software versions DI18 and EB13 will receive the update first.  See the

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release Blog  or this thread for information on updating from older

software versions. 

- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days.  Devices

on releases other than DI18 or EB13 may take longer to receive the update. 

- Refer to the Samsung Epic Maintenance Release blog for install instructions

- Refer to this thread for more Epic specific information on Sprint ID 

UPDATE 3/28: The EB13 to EC05 rollout is hitting devices now!

Added info regarding older software releases: dshoem01

Timing for EB13:  dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

1,142 REPLIES 1,142
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm getting the download bar on the system updates screen...  good night this will take forever (but I'm not complaining), I'm basically in a bunker here at work....

Highlighted
Journeyman

How long is this download supposed to take?  It's been 60 minutes exactly and no different indicator of completion.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well downloaded a few apps and also updated some too. still nothing. i guess the 12 yrs of dedication to sprint/nextel means nothing. the only good thinig is i get a massive discount thru my job and there plans are cheaper than everyone elses.  i guess ill have to wait for the htc evo 3d to be completely satisfied.  im always last.  damn it.  lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

ringo pro users beware......after update it switched all my ringtone and sms tones around other then that i have not found any bugs yet i did my update around 730 am im in ny and it took around 5 minutes

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've heard anywhere from 1 hour to 16 hours. It is supposed to take 10 minutes but it is a 95mb file.

My update keeps starting at 3.1mb and then going down to 2.5. I left it on last night for 6 hours and it said 2.5mb when I woke up this morning. I've been trying to get this to download for 2 days now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i got mine about 745 am it took 5 minutes im in ny

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so it's finally happened!  Here's what happened:

I received no popup notifications about anything.  I just checked in Settings > About Phone > Update Android and it said "downloading" with a diagonal-striped bar.  That just sat there doing nothing for three hours.  Finally, the bar disappeared and the greyed out "Download" box at the bottom became active.  I clicked Download and the progress bar downloaded the update in about 1 min.  Then it asks you to Install Now or Install Later.  I chose Install Now and it notified me that the update woudl take place, I couldnt make or receive calls, etc etc. and rebooted about 3x.  Took about 5 min total and then, voila, I had Froyo.  It's changed all my system sounds.  I have to re-sign in to email.  But it's done and there!  Woo-hoo!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

DMS007 wrote:

I am thinking that none of the bugs in EB13 are fixed in EC05. I like the android keyboard but the dictionary does not work. The checkerboarding is no big deal for me and the camera in low light would have been a nice fix. I do not like the geotagging in Camera mode. I should not have to use a seprate app to clear that before posting. So I do not know if EC05 is a necessary update.

I am inclined to agree with DMS007. I currently have the update message on my phone, and I don't think I want to let it download. The only options offered are to download now or later.There is no option to stop the process completely. Any suggestions?

FYI, I had updated to EB13 last month, but I had so many problems that I had to get a replacement phone (with Eclair) from Sprint. I'm afraid that EC05 will be the same thing all over again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

mine had the moving dashed lines since 6:00am EST and I'm just now getting a normal download bar.  I believe its just going to take alittle longer than they projected... 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the update notification this morning and went to Settings > About Phone > Update Android and the update was available.  It said to download it so i hit the download button. I waited and it downloaded in about 15 minutes and it was complete.  Then it said that a restart was required.  Instead of restarting I ended up accidentally hitting the "Download" button that was still available even though I'd already downloaded it.  Now my phone is stuck downloading it again. It says, "Downloading" and shows a progress bar that has no progress.  I've pulled the battery out and restarted more than 5 times and when I get back into the update android screen it is automatically trying to download it again.

I'm assuming its trying to download a file it already has and is bugging out. I'm on the phone with Sprint support now but I wanted to warn you that if after you download the update, DO NOT CLICK THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON AGAIN or else you'd be in my predicament.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the EB13 and my phone hasn't received the update yet, it won't even allow me to update anything, I keep getting error messages! It also tells me that my android is up to date. I called Sprint and they told me that this update isn't ota, I have to take the phone in and have them do the update. This is really starting to make me mad!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Those who have had failed updates:  have any of you received the update again?  If so, did it install properly the second time?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat