Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Highlighted
Wizard

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Upgrade of the Google OS from Éclair to Froyo (2.2.1)

- Ability to install applications to external storage

- Improved Bluetooth device support

- Bluetooth Voice Dialing

- Flash Player 10.1

- Improved OS performance

- many others...

- GPS Enhancements

- Email PIN based authentication

- User friendly tethering for 3G and 4G

- Sprint ID

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D700.0.5S.EC05

- Devices with software versions DI18 and EB13 will receive the update first.  See the

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release Blog  or this thread for information on updating from older

software versions. 

- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days.  Devices

on releases other than DI18 or EB13 may take longer to receive the update. 

- Refer to the Samsung Epic Maintenance Release blog for install instructions

- Refer to this thread for more Epic specific information on Sprint ID 

UPDATE 3/28: The EB13 to EC05 rollout is hitting devices now!

Added info regarding older software releases: dshoem01

Timing for EB13:  dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

1,142 REPLIES 1,142
Highlighted
Journeyman

CORNP0PS wrote:

Ok so I have talked with tech and they don't know what happened. So I'm going to try manually doing it. If i find anything I will post it here.

How you are going to do it manually? any oficial site to download manually the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

If they could tell us the % of phones the update has been put out too that might help things. I would like to know if they are 20 ,30 or 80% done.

Highlighted
Journeyman

GRIMAL2008 wrote:

For those who have recieved the update, but encountered a FAILED INSTALL:

Just got off the phone with Sprint and was told the OTA only comes once.   If it fails, you need to bring it into a Sprint repair center and they will perform the update locally for you.  I called my local repair center and they confirmed this.  It takes 1 hr and you can just drop it off w/o an appointment.

How about for those rooted phones? Will they do it too?

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, here's a q.  Last night when I got the update, I was plugged in and charging.  Today, I unplugged it at 6:30.  Usually I get @ 8 hours or so with eclair.  At 9:00 it beeped low battery.  Which is 2.5 hours.  I called Sprint, they told me that because it was charging when I got the update, it may have done something to my battery, they want me to take it in to the repair store and want to replce the battery and/or phone.  This makes zero sense. I checked what's running in task killer, it keps opening all these apps.  Battery says 98% is display, but I'm not using it any more than normal.  What the h#%%?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I had something similar happen. I was fully charged this morning before I left for work and I got the update around 8 AM.  Shortly after the update I noticed that my battery life had gone to about 30%.  Surely the download and the install didn't take that much out of it!  I had decent signal coverage so it wasn't due to roaming or anything else.  I will keep an eye on it and see what's up, but I was surprised to see my battery go away so fast.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now that I have the update, will someone please tell me how to sign into gmail? It's not recognizing my password, how are you guys signing in?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok. So no official file has been released yet. I removed root from phone and the update came up about 5 min. after reboot. you will loose all data so I suggest backing if you choose to remove root. you can reroot device later. Or you can take it to sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My local repair center said they do not have the upgrade yet and will not for about a month.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had no issues signing back in. It prompted me for my password, I entered it in and away I went. It has worked great since.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The fastest way to get the phone to update after a failed attempt is to preform a hard reset on your device. for rooted users you need to remove the root first then perform a hard reset and then the update with will work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an unrooted OTA EB13 Epic and was just informed by a Sprint rep that the OTA EC05 will NOT be coming OTA and that I should visit a local Sprint store for the "possible" update...

My fiancee has a stock DL18 Epic and has not received either OTA as of yet.

We both bought our Epics the first week they came out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

where is my update?! its now the 25th and sprint doesnt seem to know anything! ive been told there was no update then told there was.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat