Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Highlighted
Wizard

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Upgrade of the Google OS from Éclair to Froyo (2.2.1)

- Ability to install applications to external storage

- Improved Bluetooth device support

- Bluetooth Voice Dialing

- Flash Player 10.1

- Improved OS performance

- many others...

- GPS Enhancements

- Email PIN based authentication

- User friendly tethering for 3G and 4G

- Sprint ID

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D700.0.5S.EC05

- Devices with software versions DI18 and EB13 will receive the update first.  See the

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release Blog  or this thread for information on updating from older

software versions. 

- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days.  Devices

on releases other than DI18 or EB13 may take longer to receive the update. 

- Refer to the Samsung Epic Maintenance Release blog for install instructions

- Refer to this thread for more Epic specific information on Sprint ID 

UPDATE 3/28: The EB13 to EC05 rollout is hitting devices now!

Added info regarding older software releases: dshoem01

Timing for EB13:  dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

1,142 REPLIES 1,142
Highlighted
Journeyman

I called the local Sprint Store to see if I should bring my phone in for the update because I have EB13 and local Sprint Rep said that THEY JUST PULLED the UPDATE for EB13 to EC05...they are having lots of issues.  The good news is that they may have a fix sometime between 14:15 and 15:30.  I won't hold my breath...Sorry it’s not looking good for all of us EB13 buggy phone users.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got my update.  Look forward to playing around with it and seeing what is different.

So Sprint, where is our 2.3?  Everyone else has it, why don't we?  Hurry up and get 2.3 out so we can complain about not having 2.4!

Journeyman

Aaargh!!!! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very frustrating to have to follow these blogs just to get information on when this update will be pushed out to those on EB13.  Sprint should post this type of information on the Epic Support homepage and update it periodically throughout the day.  I don't think that kind of communication is too much to ask for. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine didn't popup until after I "updated" my Apps.

Go to Market >> Settings hash marks >> My apps
Update anything

The Sprint Wings then showed up on the task bar at the top with the message.
It was then that the Update Android link (under Home Screen >> Settings >> Update Android) appeared.

Highlighted
Master

cyco23 wrote:

So Sprint, where is our 2.3?  Everyone else has it, why don't we?  Hurry up and get 2.3 out so we can complain about not having 2.4!

You are incorrect. The only devices officially with 2.3 Gingerbread are the Nexus S and Nexus 1 directly from Google. The community may have custom ROMs available with 2.3 for devices like the Epic, but they are not official and flashing a custom ROM will void your warranty.

On a side note, the main blog post has been updated a little bit ago in case people missed it. The push for users on EB13 to get the EC05 release is going out today.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is Flash player 10 installed along with the update? I'm confused on the whole installation of the flash player. Also, is there a page that deals with just finding my way around all the updated software like where did my book marks go on my internet browser etc?

Thank You

Highlighted
Journeyman

where did the regular keyboard go with the suggestions? and how come when you press the spacebar twice it doesnt auto punctuate.  wow  so far i am not impressed with with froyo.  why couldnt they just add flash regularly 

Highlighted
Journeyman

flash 10.1 is with the update.  flash 10.2 is in the market. just go to my apps in the market and you will see the update

Highlighted
Wizard

The support page is less dynamic since it takes longer to get the updates out there.  You can follow the original post and get email notifications when an update is made to the original post here...then you wouldn't have to continually check the messages here. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Open a webpage and press on the screen.
You should get in interstitial window with three icons: Copy (two sheets of paper), Zoom (magnifying glass), Share (ring w/ two arrows).

If you select "copy" the text will be saved to your Clipboard.  To "paste" go to any application where you want to paste the text, press and hold the screen and the text will paste.  (I did so on a Memo pad).

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is where I downloaded ECO5 and have phone up & running: http://androidforums.com/samsung-epic-4g/304013-ec05-feedback-only-3-23-11-a.html

You need to do a download, change file name to update.zip & place file in root directory.  Then do a Recovery reboot (only d118 to ECO5)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat