cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Highlighted
Journeyman

The EC05 update worked! Of course this is old news because numerous people reported the same thing but I wanna add to those numerous people and let you all know that the manual update works.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Told ya it worked and it was real simple only like 5 steps from EB13 to EC05 and EC05 works great

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would not expect any fixes to EB13. My wifes phone went from DI18 and it has all  the same bugs that my EB13 has. The only difference I have seen is she has the sprint ID on hers. 

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

While it's nice to know that there are alternatives, none of them are officially supported by Sprint or Samsung, AFAIK.  And there's really no reason we as users should be put through this trouble when Sprint/Samsung are supposed to be providing us an update.  Why should I have to downgrade my phone from EB13 to DI18 just to get EC05?

And thanks, dshoem01, for pushing to get us some information.  It's ridiculous that we've gone 4 days after the original rollout was supposed to finish with no clear information on why no EB13 users are being update to EC05.  I hope you can get some news for us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I took my phone to the Sprint store because the EC05 update link on this forum was pulled again. Because the bugs that were in the first release are still happening. They also told me that it was also pulled the from the OTA update. They are sending me a new phone, because they can't roll back the software to 2.1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After this recent upgrade, my phone keeps freezing and I have to remove the battery every 10 min. What did you guys do to my phone. I called in today and you told me to go to a sprint store. I have data I cannot lose. Also my speaker is not working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ DVST2K I'm not a sprint person, but this is what I did when I had similar issues with EB13.  Backup all your stuff using MyBackup from the Android Market.  Then do a factory reset.  You should find this under Menu->Settings->Privacy->Factory data reset.  I did the factory reset twice, turned off the phone aftet the first reset, did the second reset and then restored every thing.  EB13 is working well.  I am still planning on updating to EC05 if it is ever pushed to us EB13 users that was pushed to us in February (2011).

Highlighted
Wizard

UPDATE: 3/28 - Sprint is checking on the status of the EB13 to EC05 rollout

and will communicate if there are any changes.  Sprint has not

pulled the update as many are reporting on this forum. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

UPDATE: 3/28 - Sprint is checking on the status of the EB13 to EC05 rollout

and will communicate if there are any changes.  Sprint has not

pulled the update as many are reporting on this forum. 

I appreciate your activity as you seem to be our only link to Sprint... but who is Sprint checking with? Google? How do they not know the status? I have of course never run a multibillion dollar company before, but it seems like you'd have a guy for that. And if they don't know the status, how do they know it hasn't been pulled?

I agree that they haven't pulled, though. They would have had to have sent it to someone in the first place

Again dshoe, this isn't directed at you personally. We appreciate your being the only person who can give us any "hard" info, even if the info you receive turns out to be wrong.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got off the phone with sprint and the lady on the phone said that it definitely was not pulled. She also said that a Factory Restore would fix any issues we had with EB 13 which we know is not true in the end. After 45 min on the phone and speaking to a rep she stated the easiest way to fix this was for them to overnight me a phone and then me ship this one back. I aggreed to that as that sounded like the most reasonable response. After one month of force closing and texts not sending looks like Sprint is actually taking responsibility. Will let you know what happens when I get my new phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since I don't have time to read 64 pages...

I am still stuck on EB13.  All I have gotten is a Sprint Zone message about Sprint ID coming soon.  I cannot update my firmware manually, my PRL, or my profile without getting an error message:

Error

An error occured while trying
to update your firmware/PRL/profile.
Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please call customer care.

Error:  Internal Error

I don't know the status of EB13 -> EC05 but this update thing is terrible.  This is two Android phones with Sprint I've had so far and both have been terrible experiences with updates.  What is going on?

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm trying to keep the orignal post updated so no one has to read all responses - although it's now giving me errors when I try to edit it:(.  We're checking on the status of the EB13 to EC05 updates.  And, the PRL update error you're receiving is not related to the udpate...it's a known problem and is being investigated.  

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat